Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AppelLocker' Lets You Unlock Applications With Your Face

Default 'AppelLocker' Lets You Unlock Applications With Your Face

If you're interested in taking the next step in application security on your iOS 7 or iOS 8 device, you need a new jailbreak tweak called AppelLocker by iOS developer Noah Sasso.

With AppelLocker, you can use your face to unlock applications on your iOS device rather than using a passcode or password, like many other application locking jailbreak tweaks do. The tweak uses the backbone of the Appellancy jailbreak tweak to scan your face using the front-facing camera, so it's important that you already own Appellancy if you want to buy AppelLocker you will have to own and install both tweaks on your device at the same time to use AppelLocker.

AppelLocker will allow you to lock applications with your face and then when you try to open them in the future, it will prompt you for your face. If your face is recognized, the application will open, while if your face is not recognized, the application will not open. As a backup, if your face isn't recognized three times in a row by the software, you will have the option to enter a passcode so that you're not permanently locked out.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure your locked applications, and configure your backup passcode. For your passcode, you can choose to have a numeric keypad only, or you can choose to mix in letters as well.

If you wan to give AppelLocker a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for a 99 upgrade over Appellancy, which is $1.99 in itself. So the total investment here is $2.98 for the two jailbreak tweaks; well worth the facial recognition to unlock your applications. Check it out!

The tweak works on both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: AppelLocker
    Price: $2.98 (Appellancy $1.99 + 99 for AppelLocker)
    Version: 1.0-20
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1, Appellancy
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Noah Sasso
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Sweet it's only $2. 98 that's a deal. If it was $2.99 I would have to think about it. Love Black Friday deals

3. The Following User Says Thank You to buttamix For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2014-11-29)

I bough this but after install it brings me into bootloop ... Uninstalling is for me the only solution ... Mail already the developer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Michel1973 For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-29)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to plitchey For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-29)

iPhone 6 won't Respiring after installing appelLocker

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sickle For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-29)

I hope the developer gets the bugs out. Sounds like a nice app.

Quote Originally Posted by Michel1973 View Post
    I bough this but after install it brings me into bootloop ... Uninstalling is for me the only solution ... Mail already the developer
    What model iPhone do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by plitchey View Post
    Me to
    Which model of iPhone do you have?

Default 'AppelLocker' Lets You Unlock Applications With Your Face
    iPhone 6 8.1
    Last edited by plitchey; 2014-11-29 at 09:12 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to plitchey For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-29)

iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Michel1973 For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-29)

Quote Originally Posted by Michel1973 View Post
    iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1
    Thanks! So much for my theory about it being an iPhone 6 issue.

I went into a bootloop also last week :-(. iPhone 5s 8.1

Anything with passcode and a reboot will set the phone into a bootloop. The concept is cool. But still very unstable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Call me crazy, but I can't understand why anyone with a 5S, 6, or 6+ would use this thing. Any ideas?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    sweet it's only $2. 98 that's a deal. If it was $2.99 i would have to think about it. Love black friday deals
    lmaoooo