Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Reportedly Running on 60% of Devices According to Apple

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 8 Reportedly Running on 60% of Devices According to Apple

It has been recently reported that Apple’s latest iOS 8 is now running on 60% of iPhones and iPads. The statistic was taken from the company’s App Store. Apple put an update on its developer webpage, breaking down the distribution of the mobile operating system. The developer page noted that four percentage points were gained from iOS 8 since November 11th of this year. 60% of all devices that are registered with the App Store are now running the latest iOS.

Previously about 40% of devices were running iOS 7, but now the percentage has decreased five percent which means that only 35% of devices are on the older mobile operating system. As for iOS 6 and older, only 5% of devices that are registered with the App Store are running an older mobile operating system, which hasn’t changed since November 11th.

Adoption of iOS 8 was reportedly on the slower side, but this could be because of the issues that came up when it was first released. Many people were hesitant in switching over to the new iOS because previous issues were fixed in iOS 8.0.1, but problems with Touch ID came up. However, those that wanted to try out Apple’s mobile payment system Apple Pay, had to update to iOS 8.1 in order to use it. The Cupertino-based company recently released iOS 8.1.1 to fix all bugs and to improve iPad 2 and iPhone 4s performance.

Are you having any more issues with Apple’s latest mobile operating system? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Not on 8.1.1 because I like JB

Now come up with a JB and I'll update again till then its 8.1 Apple! 😈

I'm baffled (but incredibly happy) that 8.1 is still being signed, I hope it remains that way for a few months at least (wishful thinking, I know…)

Im in that 5% ios 6 till the death hahaha

Sent from space

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Im in that 5% ios 6 till the death hahaha

Sent from space
    Older device?