Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Automa' Can Remember Your Choices for Pop-up Alerts So They're Less Annoying

Default 'Automa' Can Remember Your Choices for Pop-up Alerts So They're Less Annoying

If you're always being hit with pop-up messages like the one above where you always give iOS the same answer, but it always shows the same message to you anyways, then you need a new jailbreak tweak called Automa by iOS developer pNre.

With Automa, you can tap and hold on any response on a pop-up message, and iOS will remember your choice for that pop-up from that point on. For example, in the screenshot examples above, we will be prompted by iOS every single time we open the Stocks application that Airplane Mode is enabled because it can't refresh the stocks without an Internet connection. On the other hand, because we already knew that, we don't want the pop-up anymore.

Since we don't want the pop-up anymore, and because we have no intention of turning off Airplane Mode, we can tap and hold on the "OK" button, and the prompt will turn red instead of blue. When the prompt turns red, that's to let you know that your selection has been saved. Just tap on the "OK" button one more time and another pop-up will come up asking you if you want to:

• Remember your choice for every application
    • Remember your choice and show a banner notification instead of an alert in every application
    • Remember your choice and do nothing else
    • Remember your choice and only show a banner notification in the application that you've saved an answer to
    • Don't remember your choice

Since we chose to remember our choice and show a banner notification instead of an alert in every application, the next time we get this very notification, it will appear as a banner notification, and because our response of "OK" was remembered, the tweak will automatically say "OK" to the notification so that we won't have to. This eliminates that annoyance from iOS completely.

Automa adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options for the tweak:

From here, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Configure your alerts
    • Configure your blacklisted applications
    • Enable or disable a shake animation when you save an answer
    • Enable or disable the red coloring when you save an answer
    • Configure a gesture duration
    • Enable or disable drag to close for alerts

Overall, this could be a useful tweak for anyone that always gets the same pop-up alerts and is sick and tired of them. At the same time though, iOS doens't really have that many pop-up alerts that appear on your display all the time, so the tweak has a very small niche of users that may be interested in it.

The tweak works in both iOS 7 and iOS 8. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for $1.99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now!

Name: Automa
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1, AppList
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: pNre
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I realize this is an enterprise network. Yes I want to connect. Yes I know data is off. QUIT FREAKING ASKING ME EVERY TEN MINUTES. This may prevent potential phone-thrown-at-wall incidents.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-26)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Yes, I realize this is an enterprise network. Yes I want to connect. Yes I know data is off. QUIT FREAKING ASKING ME EVERY TEN MINUTES. This may prevent potential phone-thrown-at-wall incidents.
    I hope this works for the pesky "cellular data is turned off for..."
    I know data is off for my calander,my notes, my pictures, settings
    Who needs data for settings??
    Last edited by robby65; 2014-11-26 at 05:04 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robby65 For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-26), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-26)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    This may prevent potential phone-thrown-at-wall incidents.
    In my opinion, this is what jailbreaking is all about. LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-27)