Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AlwaysFirstSwipe' Disables the CC and NC Grabbers in Full-screen Applications

Default 'AlwaysFirstSwipe' Disables the CC and NC Grabbers in Full-screen Applications

In full-screen applications, rather than immediately opening Control Center or Notification Center when swiping up from the bottom of the display or down from the top of the display, a grabber is revealed that you can have to swipe on a second time to actually open Control Center or Notification Center.

If you want to disable these grabbers completely and make it so that when you're trying to open Control Center or Notification Center in a full-screen application it will only take one swipe, then you need a new free jailbreak tweak called AlwaysFirstSwipe by iOS developer Adam Seiter.

With this tweak installed, you will only have to swipe once from either the top or bottom of the display to open Control Center or Notification Center. You won't have to deal with any grabbers that are going to appear and make you swipe a second time. One such example of the annoying grabber is shown in the screenshot above, which appears when we try to open Notification Center while watching a video.

While the grabber system was put in place by Apple to help prevent accidents, someone with a steady hand may not necessarily need such an annoying safeguard.

You can enable or disable the tweak from the preferences pane that is included in the Settings application after being installed. The tweak works on both iOS 7 and iOS 8. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now.

Name: AlwaysFirstSwipe
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-30
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adam Seiter
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd be cautious upgrading this tweak. As one of 4 tweaks that got updates this morning caused my iPhone 5 to go into an endless boot loop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopethemodworx For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    I'd be cautious upgrading this tweak. As one of 4 tweaks that got updates this morning caused my iPhone 5 to go into an endless boot loop.
    Thank god for the volume up button feature in Cydia Substrate! It's saved me on more than one occasion.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kickerman65 For This Useful Post:

abbdc1 (2014-11-25), Sage I (2014-11-25)

Mine also crashed and used safe mode volume up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrapmarz View Post
    Mine also crashed and used safe mode volume up
    What does volume up do in this case?

Is apple still signing in iOS 8.1?

This tweak actually make CC work better for me even where the first swipe would normally bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by drexsprint View Post
    Is apple still signing in iOS 8.1?
    Yes, just did mine iPhone 6 a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    What does volume up do in this case?
    If you hold down volume up while rebooting, it boots into safe mode, allowing you to uninstall whatever tweak is causing issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    If you hold down volume up while rebooting, it boots into safe mode, allowing you to uninstall whatever tweak is causing issues.
    Good to know thanks!