Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Momentum May Spark 'Shake Up' at Samsung

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Momentum May Spark 'Shake Up' at Samsung

Heads may soon roll at Samsung, as the South Korean tech giant is purportedly scrambling to regroup after massive losses both literally and figuratively throughout the year.

According to the Wall Street Journal on Monday, Samsung's profitability isn't the only thing hurting in the remaining days of 2014. It's reputation among mobile users may also be suffering as Apple appears to have convincingly won the 2014 war for new smartphone supremacy.

As a result of Samsung's ongoing struggles, chatter suggests big changes lie ahead -- most notably, perhaps, in the form of what could be a significant shake up.

The South Korean technology giant is considering a reshuffle in top management as it seeks to reverse its fortunes after a difficult year.

Today's WSJ report indicates that a number of possibilities are all on the table, including the prospect of removing mobile chief J.K. Shin from his position as Co-CEO. Other once-key executives could similarly be removed or reassigned at Samsung, indicating Samsung's stark realization that something must change now to ensure a better start to the year ahead.

Source: WSJ

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's because no one who had a samsuck device liked the software. The only thing they liked was looking idiotic with their tablets held up to their ear. Now that apple can make you look just as stupid but with good software, they all switched back.

I'm sorry, but I will not go back to an Apple daily driver until they get over their stubborn resistance to text reflow (word-wrap) in browsers. I love their output - but this is too fundamental a deal-breaker to make iDevices a usable proposition. Apple is one straange company!

I have to say, Apple has done plenty of research in the devices they bring to the market.

It's not just enough to be able to copy someone else's idea or bring someone else's idea to market before they finish it.

You have to also be innovative. As we are now seeing the boys being separated from the men.

With Samsung, I see every move Apple makes, Samsung tries to out do them. Apple announces they are making something new, Samsung races to get it out first...... This is why there products..... Always sell for less than they originally hoped for and why they loose so much money in the long run.

Spend less money at poking Apple and spend that money on researching in coming up with your own ideas. I'm sure they will continue to grow if they have good ethics and loyalty to their customers.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psxcancer For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-11-25), TDH Advocate (2014-11-25)

Thanks

Prices went up for what I believe are inferior products. They flood the market so much they cheapen the brand and people can't keep up. Consumers want the latest but when the "latest" happens every 3 months it looses its appeal. The stupid company will now start demoting people and probably cut workforce for what!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    I have to say, Apple has done plenty of research in the devices they bring to the market.

It's not just enough to be able to copy someone else's idea or bring someone else's idea to market before they finish it.

You have to also be innovative. As we are now seeing the boys being separated from the men.

With Samsung, I see every move Apple makes, Samsung tries to out do them. Apple announces they are making something new, Samsung races to get it out first...... This is why there products..... Always sell for less than they originally hoped for and why they loose so much money in the long run.

Spend less money at poking Apple and spend that money on researching in coming up with your own ideas. I'm sure they will continue to grow if they have good ethics and loyalty to their customers.
    Somebody creates demand by innovating, Eastern manuf's plagiarise and exploit that demand - no development drive or investment required, easy money.

Samsung phones we have had in the past just did not have the quality that Apple has. If Samsung spent more time on developing hardware that works well with Android and is durable then they would have more customers

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Samsung phones we have had in the past just did not have the quality that Apple has. If Samsung spent more time on developing hardware that works well with Android and is durable then they would have more customers
    Is it worse then Apple's? So far I had the following problems:

iPhone 4: bad home button
    iPhone 5 (mine): bad battery and bad volume down button
    iPhone 5 (wife's): bad volume down button

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (2014-11-25)

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post

Bad luck!

Apple build quality is usually top notch! Try getting an iPad or iPhone apart as everything fits so perfectly and tightly. With Samsung it's all plasticky and cheap feeling, although I believe the Samsung alpha is well engineered. Personal choice I guess.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-11-25)

so it seems that the Galaxy Note 4 and Edge were massive failures despite having metal frames.

It looks like no matter what Samsung does, they just can't seem to win. All Apple needed was a bigger display which in terms of color/contrast quality is despicable compared to that of Samsung's Super AMOLED not to mention photo and video quality. No 4k video recording is inexcusable.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2014-11-24 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post

Samsung bring out a larger screen, then Apple follows
    Samsung bring out some smartwatches, Apple announces they are also going to bring out a watch at some point

Samsung brings products to market and Apple appear to be copying them

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Samsung bring out some smartwatches, Apple announces they are also going to bring out a watch at some point

Apple didn't want to bring out larger Screens because they didn't know how they would be accepted Apple said it was coming out with the watch but was making sure everything was intact before releasing it. Apple doesn't copy Samsung wit its products Apple does a trial and error before releasing. Although there maybe some bugs but they make sure to
    Correct them.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    That's because no one who had a samsuck device liked the software. The only thing they liked was looking idiotic with their tablets held up to their ear. Now that apple can make you look just as stupid but with good software, they all switched back.
    Loved this comment. Awesome!

You might be putting the cart before the horse there.
    Apple never announced a smart watch but the tec blogs all said Apple were working on one. Samsung didn't want to be left out in the cold so rushed out an overpriced, under developed piece of crap that would only work at the time with 2 of their yet to be released phones.
    Nobody brought it and those who did took them straight back and Samsung lost a ton of money.
    Then Apple after much R & D and development of a working interface, finally announce that they are indeed working on a smart watch and all the Samsung fan boys scream out "Oh my god, Apple are copying"

Apple never invented the PC, The MP3 Player, The Smart Phone or the Tablet. They just made each of those markets 100 times better because of their superior insight and simplicity of the interface. First is not always best.

Jolly
    Last edited by JollyRogger; 2014-11-24 at 11:23 PM.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JollyRogger For This Useful Post:

atorres062 (2014-11-25), blckceaser (2014-11-24), bomb-blast (2014-11-25), ChicagoV (2014-11-25), Dphillipds (2014-11-25), Jahooba (2014-11-25), Jokadaking (2014-11-25), linkincyde (2014-11-25), novadam (2014-11-24), NSXrebel (2014-11-24), sirbebe (2014-11-25), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-24), TDH Advocate (2014-11-25)

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    so it seems that the Galaxy Note 4 and Edge were massive failures despite having metal frames.

It looks like no matter what Samsung does, they just can't seem to win. All Apple needed was a bigger display which in terms of color/contrast quality is despicable compared to that of Samsung's Super AMOLED not to mention photo and video quality. No 4k video recording is inexcusable.
    Yeah, because everyone has a 4K display at home. That 4K video will look no different than 1080p video on your phone, only it will take 4x (or whatever) the amount of drive space. Yeah, you can upload 4K video to Youtube, but then again, how many people actually have 4K displays?

It's almost 2015, we've had 1080p video for YEARS, yet look at youtube or any social media site, mostly crappy videos with resolutions crappier than SD TV.
    Then to top it off, people record video in portrait mode, so all that screen real estate goes to waste when you watch said videos.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

Wow I have had
    Iphone no problems
    Iphone 3 no problems
    Iphone 3gs no problems ( we had 3)
    iphone 4 no problems (we had 3)
    Iphone 5 camera stopped working Apple replaced for free
    Iphone 5c no problems

Iphone 6 128gb fingers crossed

Samsung phones crashed, locked up and froze, rebooted on calls lol so many models we had in the family before we all, we all went to Apple.

Why? Because they work! 😎

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

It's not about who did it first it's about who did it right -Drake

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokadaking For This Useful Post:

Think Samsung need to look at what they make their devices out of! People want a nice feeling handset that feels solid! And Samsung seem to think plastic is a high end product, even HTC realised people want high quality materials in their hands! And went for a metal body!

I think you're in the minority. I've owned every model of iphone and never had a problem with any of them.
    Hmm...

Yes, let's not forget Apple brought bigger screen to the market via iPad and you could make phone calls with it too if you really wanted.

If you think about it Apple was the one that revolutionized the mobile phone market and I have been using iPhone since it's debut. I remember Samsung making a phone so close to it you couldn't even tell the difference.

Apple let Samsung have the Phablet market until the Apples growth plan was ready for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. And despite some people trying to make more out of things that were not (and this is done with every manufacturer's product), everyone loves iPhones. There is no denying, Apple products hold their value.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to psxcancer For This Useful Post:

blckceaser (2014-11-25)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast