Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jack Dorsey Confirms Square to Accept Apple Pay Next Year

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jack Dorsey Confirms Square to Accept Apple Pay Next Year

It seems like Apple Pay is really starting to receive a lot more support as it was announced that Square will soon support the mobile payment system as well. Square founder Jack Dorsey told CNN about this news and confirmed that Apple Pay will be coming to small business owners in the upcoming months. According to Dorsey in the interview with CNN,

We're not building a credit card. We're not building a payment device. We're building a [cash] register, and this register accepts all these forms of payments," Dorsey told CNN in an interview.
    He stated that he didn’t see Apple’s mobile payment system as a competitor. Square currently does not have support for NFC and in order to offer Apple Pay, the company will need to have NFC connectivity built into its device. This means that it will take time to develop new hardware to support the mobile payment feature. The company is supposedly releasing an EMV chip card reader next year but it won’t be offering NFC support either. So it is unclear as to when a new device with Apple Pay compatibility will be released.

Apple is partnering with many companies in making Apple Pay the next big thing. Have you used it yet? If you have, how do you like it? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: CNN

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else think a square/apple merge would be pretty awesome?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2014-11-24)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I do

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Yep! If they were to do that? I'll drop my PayPal here reader and debit card LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Yep! If they were to do that? I'll drop my PayPal here reader and debit card LOL
    Why is this awesome? Square has ridiculous fees. And another layer of fees on top of that by Apple? Totally awesome bro!!!!

I will donate my 4:76$ to u "feed" I can buy cheap cover on eBay for my 5s

Stupid auto correction "fee" lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    Why is this awesome? Square has ridiculous fees. And another layer of fees on top of that by Apple? Totally awesome bro!!!!
    You really think if Apple and Square merged, that Apple would keep those fee's? Apple would would redo them. Apple would be dumb to keep Square fees and then charge fees on top of that for themselves.

Still haven't used Apple Pay - none of my cards are accepted.

There are no addition Apple fees which the merchant pays. Their deal is between the credit card companies at that level.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Reason I like my paypal reader better is 1.MY MONEY IS IN MY ACOUNT immediatley. 2. My money is NOT in a bank I can spend it immediately by sending a paypal payment and/or my paypal debit card.

The Fees are the same whether you use paypal or Square afaik. 3%
    Last edited by Dranon; 2014-11-23 at 07:06 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

You really think if Apple and Square merged, that Apple would keep those fee's? Apple would would redo them. Apple would be dumb to keep Square fees and then charge fees on top of that for themselves.
    Last time I checked, Apple was a company that made money. If you think Apple isn't raising the fee somewhere along the lines of CC processing, you are smoking crack. Like really good crack.

Try being smarter:

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-pay-to-generate-fees-from-banks-not-merchants-report-says/

Banks always find a way to raise fees. The last fee scandal wasn't that long ago. Don't be lazy, go look it up.

Thanks

Last time I checked, Apple was a company that made money. If you think Apple isn't raising the fee somewhere along the lines of CC processing, you are smoking crack. Like really good crack.

Try being smarter:

Apple Pay to generate fees from banks, not merchants -- report - CNET

Banks always find a way to raise fees. The last fee scandal wasn't that long ago. Don't be lazy, go look it up.
    Ok! The fees are between the CC banks and Apple.

Plus I don't need to worry about bank fees. I belong to a credit union that has no fees, unlike BofA and Wells Fargo.

As with other things, if you don't like it? Don't use it! Simple as that.

And yes I did read the article you posted and it's nothing different than what I already know lol