Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple is Still Signing iOS 8.1, Last Chance to Downgrade/Restore & Jailbreak

  1. #81
    Downloading the file as we speak . Hopefully I can get the phone tonight

  2. #82
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Villebilly View Post
    Thanx blkcadi, downloading 12B435 now. He told me it was an iPad 2 and I assumed it was correct.
    Glad to help.

  3. #83
    Does Apple still signing 8.1?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by linkincyde View Post
    Does Apple still signing 8.1?
    Yes it is.. You can check on its status here https://ipsw.me/8.1

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gcruz For This Useful Post:

    dapes (2014-11-25)

  6. #85
    I downloaded the file blkcadi showed but it "restored" it to 8.1.1 not 8.1

    Any ideas?

  7. #86
    Only one... You fcked...

    EDIT: Just kidding!! Download the right ipsw, put your phone into DFU mode and shift restore...

    How To Downgrade iOS 8.1.1 To iOS 8.1 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

    EDIT: No need for DFU mode, my bad. Check guide above...
    Last edited by sand_man; 2014-11-25 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #87
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Villebilly View Post
    I downloaded the file blkcadi showed but it "restored" it to 8.1.1 not 8.1

    Any ideas?
    Downgrade to 8.1, I pointed you to all firmwares for your device, you obviously chose the 8.1.1 file not the 8.1

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    WHUDS (2014-11-26)

  10. #88
    Is the window still open to upgrade/ downgrade to 8.1?

  11. #89

  12. #90
    I have an ipad mini 2 and used ipsw.me to download 8.1 and iTunes said not compatible. I then used the program recommended to check my model which then took me too the download page on Ipswich directly which was the same and downloaded but still can't downgrade. I ha e tried restoring through iTunes and pangu in dfu mode and just on as normal and neither work

  13. #91
    Updated to 8.1 from 7 a couple hours ago. This is a looooong window.

  14. #92
    I hope it stays like this until after Friday. Noticed my screen scratched up easy so going to return it and get a new one from Best Buy. Looks like I'm not the only one reporting issues like this on the iPhone 6 or 6+. I think apple should supply us with a good screen protector like a Zagg one. My 5S still has no scratches on it and I have not had it in my pocket or dropped it at all.

  15. #93
    I'm STUNNED the windows still open on 8.1 8.1 downloading now, going to get my 5 done as soon as it gets done. Couldn't do it on my desktop. Ran outta room on the damn drive so the laptop will do.. LOL Happy Thanksgiving ya'll

  16. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I hope it stays like this until after Friday. Noticed my screen scratched up easy so going to return it and get a new one from Best Buy. Looks like I'm not the only one reporting issues like this on the iPhone 6 or 6+. I think apple should supply us with a good screen protector like a Zagg one. My 5S still has no scratches on it and I have not had it in my pocket or dropped it at all.
    Really? I had my 6 without a screen protector for 24 hours then put one on but noticed no scratches. I bought a tempered glass one from Ebay for about 3.50 and its really nice with the oiliphobic coating, so nice bought one for wife's 5c

  17. #95
    I was in the parking lot of an auto parts store, replacing a blown headlight on my car, when I needed to use the flashlight function on my phone (128GB iPhone 6 Plus). I activated it through Control Center on the lock screen without unlocking my phone then tried to lock it to turn off the screen but it would not lock. Control Center was still up so I tried to toggle the flashlight back off and found that it, too, was unresponsive. The entire screen was unresponsive (locked up with flashlight on and Control Center open on the lock screen) but I still had a headlight in my hand. I had to just put it in my pocket like that to install the bulb I was holding and when I pulled it back out it was showing the Apple logo. I waited plenty long enough to make sure it wasn't simply rebooting and forced it off after determining that it was definitely stuck on the Apple logo (not booting). I attempted to turn it back on and saw a larger Apple logo for a long time but it eventually showed the smaller logo like before and stayed there. I did a fresh restore and jailbreak several days ago and only installed one Cydia tweak (the one that lets YouTube continue playing in the background) which had worked fine until today. Even so, I tried booting while holding Volume Up for Cydia's Mobile Substrate Safe Mode but it still locked up on the smaller Apple logo. When I plug it into a PC it acts as if I can access the camera but I can't allow iTunes to trust it (tells me to answer on my iPhone, which is still showing the Apple logo).

    *sigh*

    I barely have any apps after the last restore and did not put my music back on it yet so I'd hesitate to say that it's related to the flash memory issue that affects early 128GB iPhone 6 Plus phones, but it is a launch unit. I have to assume that it is related to the jailbreak. It is a very fresh restore. If Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1, what options do I have?
    Last edited by CZroe; 2014-11-30 at 02:03 AM.

  18. #96
    What's J*******k? Sage I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawai'i Island
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked 169 Times in 122 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I barely have any apps after the last restore and did not put my music back on it yet so I'd hesitate to say that it's related to the flash memory issue that affects early 128GB iPhone 6 Plus phones, but it is a launch unit. I have to assume that it is related to the jailbreak. It is a very fresh restore. If Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1, what options do I have?
    I have a 128GB 6 plus as well... I got stuck in that same boot cycle as well... I've restored and rejailbroke 5 times now... I get stuck regardless of whether I have any tweaks from cydia installed or have restored my phone from a backup on iTunes... It just doesn't want to reboot... I tried holding the volume up to get it to boot into safe mode and that wasn't working... What did work to get me to boot up though was plugging in an audio cable and then manually rebooting and then holding up the volume button... I think we got screwed on our early purchase of these iPhones due to the tlc memory... Maybe 8.1.1 helps out somewhat, not too sure though, maybe worth a try to upgrade since it's jailbreakable...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

    CZroe (2014-12-27)

  20. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    I have a 128GB 6 plus as well... I got stuck in that same boot cycle as well... I've restored and rejailbroke 5 times now... I get stuck regardless of whether I have any tweaks from cydia installed or have restored my phone from a backup on iTunes... It just doesn't want to reboot... I tried holding the volume up to get it to boot into safe mode and that wasn't working... What did work to get me to boot up though was plugging in an audio cable and then manually rebooting and then holding up the volume button... I think we got screwed on our early purchase of these iPhones due to the tlc memory... Maybe 8.1.1 helps out somewhat, not too sure though, maybe worth a try to upgrade since it's jailbreakable...
    Thanks. I attempted to check out Semi Restore but found two different websites. semi-restore.com was the only one that claimed iOS 8 support but Google blocked the download saying that it was malicious. I assume that it is a phishing scam meant to trick you into installing something malicious. The download from semirestore.org didn't trigger a warning from Google but also didn't claim to support iOS8, so I didn't run it. Even if it did support iOS8, the website repeatedly misspells lose ("loose"), which doesn't fill me with confidence about the source. I'm not sure I trust those claiming to use semi-restore.com for iOS8 in this thread considering that there is no mention of Google's reaction.

    I connected it to a previously trusted PC and iTunes will not let me back it up. The backup button looks active at first but then nothing happens when you click it. When you switch from iCloud to local backup it grays out and does not become active even when you switch back. When I switch from Summary to other categories on the left (Settings, Apps, Information, etc) I get nothing. It doesn't switch. I did something later (rebooted and did not attempt to restore?) and I can switch categories but none of them show any content. I think I really did lose the last two days of notes and such. Oh well.

  21. #98
    My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 144 Times in 101 Posts

    Looks like iOS 8.1 isn't being signed anymore.

  22. #99
    I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 112 Times in 83 Posts

    Indeed the window has been closed. Gotta admit, it was a good long run!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-12-02)

  24. #100
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Suspiciously after the 8.1.1 jailbreak... I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but this is just so different from the Apple we usually see.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-12-02)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •