Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Notate' Can Completely Disable SpringBoard Rotation on the iPhone 6 Plus

Default 'Notate' Can Completely Disable SpringBoard Rotation on the iPhone 6 Plus

If you're not a fan of the way that your iPhone 6 Plus, or other iPhone that has had its zoom level hacked with a jailbreak tweak such as LittleBrother to allow scaled resolutions to run on it, rotates the SpringBoard when put in a specific orientation, then you're in luck because there's a new answer to this problem in the Cydia Store.

Rather than completely disabling the appealing native zoom to disable the SpringBoard rotation to Landscape Mode, you can just install a new free jailbreak tweak called Notate by iOS developer Skylerk99. With this tweak installed, your iPhone 6 Plus, or other scaled resolution device, will no longer rotate the SpringBoard into Landscape Mode based on the device's orientation.

Notate is the perfect solution for those that have the problem of the Home Screen accidentally rotating when you don't want it to, or for those that just overall hate the Landscape Orientation SpringBoard.

Notate doesn't have any options to configure and requires an iPhone 6 Plus or other iOS 8 device with a hacked zoom scale resolution to run properly. If you want to give Notate a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Notate
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone 6 Plus or other iOS 8 device with hacked zoom scale resolution
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Skylerk99
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-11-22)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this really different than orientation lock? Just curious.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Is this really different than orientation lock? Just curious.
    I installed this, and yeah it's different. I'm really digging it, because I really don't care much for landscape mode on Springboard.

In other views/apps, the screen still rotates, such as when playing/streaming a video. With Orientation Lock on, the screen never rotates.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-11-22), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-21)

Definitely enjoying this tweak, Notate. Unlike "orientation lock", Notate only locks the springboard. Which works perfectly on my iPhone 6 Plus

Thanks

LittleBrother includes this feature built in…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i like it. before when i had a widget low on my homescreen and it rotated to landscape the widget would disappear