Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official ProTube for YouTube App by iOS Developer Jonas Gessner Lands in the App Store

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Wait I thought the Cydia version was still outdated... Has it been updated for iOS 8?
    not just iOS8, its also optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
    no spam

I purchased this after reading the article here and I have to say job well done! Well worth the $1.99 for the ability to play music playlists in bandwidth saving audio mode while running another app like Waze in the car. Really good alternative to Spotify.

The design of the app is great too and it looks good on the 6 plus.

If you want to download video from ANY application (including YouTube) get the 'Universal Video Downloader' jailbreak tweak. It works in iOS 8.1 just fine. Seems though that it encrypts the videos to the local storage, so if you use iFile to download them off your iDevice you can't play them back outside of the device. Still.. very useful for offline viewing on your iDevice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The jailbreak version already does work with iOS 8.

ProTube from the App Store enables offline video viewing, ad-blocking, and background playback. Those are your main features. And they work without a jailbreak.

If you have a jailbreak, just get the Cydia version.

For those asking about support on the ProTube application in Cydia, where it is right now, I have received official word from the developer about the plans for the application.

The Cydia application will not receive any new features or design changes, meaning iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 users will have to deal with the low-resolution "zoomed in" appearance. The only things the developer will support are fixes for when downloads break.

Jonas wants to focus all of his efforts on the App Store version of ProTube, which means only the App Store version of ProTube is going to be updated regularly.
    Yea it works on ios 8 but it's not as beautiful as the app store App! It's looks outdated is what I'm trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Standalone Protube app in Cydia works with iOS 8.
    I know that already had installed but it doesn't perform like the app store version or the YouTube version where you can watch what you are looking for and search through other videos! This version seems outdated so let's hope he updates the cydia version to look as beautiful as the app store version that way I will not need two and three YouTube apps on my phone!
    Last edited by Jokadaking; 2014-11-21 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I think his plan is to keep both. Only the Cydia version will integrate with Bridge and allow importing. The App Store version is kind of a standalone product for non-jailbreakers.
    Phew! I was worried for a bit there. Protube is one of the best jailbreak apps I own. It's right up there with iFile

The animations in the Cydia version is ******,other than that it's very good.
    I have both cydia and App Store versions installed my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    The animations in the Cydia version is ******,other than that it's very good.
    I have both cydia and App Store versions installed my phone
    That's my only issue. I don't want to have 15 different YouTube apps ( I'm over-exaggerating a little bit😂 ) because it seems a little unnecessary. Hopefully he can make the cydia one look like the app store version!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokadaking For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-11-22)

Cant' blame the guy. As many jailbreakers as there are, we are still a very small percentage compared to the total amount of ios users out there so I can understand why it's not really a priority to put so much effort into a Cydia app. Now that Protube has finally made it to the App Store, I wish the developer much success. I've been using Protube for years now and choose it over the official Google app as its so damn slow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinSouls For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-11-23)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12