Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CCBringUpSwitcher' Shows the App Switcher Instead of Control Center When Swiping Up

Default 'CCBringUpSwitcher' Shows the App Switcher Instead of Control Center When Swiping Up

If you hardly ever use Control Center in iOS 8, but you're always using the App Switcher to manage your applications, you can now use a new free jailbreak tweak called CCBringUpSwitcher by iOS developer Adithya Suresh to make it so that when swiping up from the bottom of the display, the App Switcher opens instead of Control Center.

Not only is this a good replacement for people that don't use Control Center, but it's also great for those with damaged Home Buttons that need a better way to open the App Switcher to manage the open applications and to open recently-used applications.

CCBringUpSwitcher doesn't come with any options to configure, and once it's installed, you can automatically begin using it by swiping up from the bottom of your display like you normally would to open Control Center.

If you want to give CCBringUpSwitcher a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository at no cost to you! iOS 8 is required to install the tweak and use it.

Name: CCBringUpSwitcher
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adithya Suresh
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Assistive touch. That's all I have to say.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

CC is one of the most useful iOS features. Another tweak no one needs. If you don't want to double tap the home button for app switcher use activator.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This works better with activator than this tweak. With this tweak I have to tap twice on the app preview in switcher in order to switch to that app. The default method and using activator both allow you to single tap to switch to that app. I have a six plus on 8.1, so maybe the problem is that device.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Activator probably does work better, although it has been known to break Reachability.

Is there a tweak where u slide up from bottom and see control center and app switcher? I read cswitcher puts them together but u still have to double click home button.

I also wish a tweak was made compatible with iOS 8.1 that allows u to customize quick app launches in the control center.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe you're thinking of Auxo 2. It's not compatible with iOS 8.1.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Tage is a way better tweak. Not only will it give you this function but it will also allow you to still use Control Center as well. You can set it up to use the center of the screen for Control Center and the left and right sides to swipe up for Switcher. And best of all it gives you the ability to swipe up out of apps to exit them, so there is no need for a home button. Think of it as the new Zephyr for iOS 8.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I believe you're thinking of Auxo 2. It's not compatible with iOS 8.1.
    Oh darn.

Auxo3!
    Auxo3!
    Auxo3!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-27)