Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AllBoardPass' Allows You to Use Third-party Keyboards to Enter Passwords in iOS 8

Default 'AllBoardPass' Allows You to Use Third-party Keyboards to Enter Passwords in iOS 8

If you're running any kind of third-party keyboard on iOS 8, such as Swype or Fleksy, then you're probably familiar with the fact that you can't use third-party keyboards to enter passwords, such as for your Apple ID when downloading applications.

If you prefer third-party keyboards over the default keyboard, then you probably wish that you could use even the third-party keyboards to enter your passwords. With a new free jailbreak tweak called AllBoardPass by iOS developer g1ghell, you can!

After installing AllBoardPass, when you're prompted to enter a password, such as for the Apple ID as shown above, the default keyboard will actually allow you to tap on the normally-hidden globe button to switch between the various keyboards that you have available to you.

There are no options to configure to use AllBoardPass the tweak simply opens up the possibilities to those of you that are interested in using third-party keyboards for more than Apple wants to allow. Check it out iOS 8 is required to install this tweak, and a third-party keyboard of some kind is recommended to get the most out of the tweak.

Name: AllBoardPass
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-3
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: g1ghell
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

I thought the reason why Apple doesn't allow the use of third party keyboards is due to these parties collecting information on all and everything typed.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mmbayed View Post
    I thought the reason why Apple doesn't allow the use of third party keyboards is due to these parties collecting information on all and everything typed.
    They can collect into, they may not, but they can. Regardless I'd still use the apple keyboard for passwords.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-21)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    They can collect into, they may not, but they can. Regardless I'd still use the apple keyboard for passwords.
    Apple's keyboard can collect information too. It's their operating system, and if they coded in a keystroker in their keyboard, we'd never know. It may be a false sense of safety to think Apple's is safer than a third-party keyboard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-21)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Apple's keyboard can collect information too. It's their operating system, and if they coded in a keystroker in their keyboard, we'd never know. It may be a false sense of safety to think Apple's is safer than a third-party keyboard.
    Very true, and something to think about. I do, however, trust apple more then many companies. Apple seems to care more about privacy than just about any for -profit out there.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-21)

Thanks

Before this tweak came out I was thinking that someone would come up with a jailbreak tweak to do this very thing... I thought it was pretty cool that Apple's keyboard was the only one that could be used to input a password as opposed to third party access...