Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'IMN for iOS 8' Brings Quick Reply to Some Unsupported Apps in iOS 8

Default 'IMN for iOS 8' Brings Quick Reply to Some Unsupported Apps in iOS 8

iOS 8 comes with Quick Reply for the Messages application, but for the other messaging applications that you might use, you need to actually open the application to respond to a message that comes in. Fortunately, a new jailbreak tweak called IMN for iOS 8 by iOS developer Mohamed Marbouh is now available in Cydia that makes it so you can access quick reply for many different messaging applications.

For example, Facebook Messenger is supported by IMN for iOS 8, as is Kik Messenger, and LINE. As shown above, when tapping on the "Reply" button from the iOS 8 notification banner, the tweak makes it so you can reply to messages directly from the banner without leaving the application that you're already in.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as enable or disable tapping on the banner notification itself to access IMN for iOS 8's quick reply function:

If you're interested in giving IMN for iOS 8 a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed.

Name: IMN for iOS 8
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 0.11-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mohamed Marbouh
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't support commonly used message apps...Whatsapp and WeChat...

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Doesn't support commonly used message apps...Whatsapp and WeChat...
    There's a separate tweak for WhatsApp!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I need telegram support! I'm basically the only person to use it that I know of, but still!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2014-11-21)

I have a jail broken 6 plus and now all off a sudden it's running hot and the battery is draining pretty fast. Can anybody tell me what it might be or if there are any tweaks or upgrade of tweaks that is causing it. Cause I'm about to do a fresh restore and jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christophmsc View Post
    I have a jail broken 6 plus and now all off a sudden it's running hot and the battery is draining pretty fast. Can anybody tell me what it might be or if there are any tweaks or upgrade of tweaks that is causing it. Cause I'm about to do a fresh restore and jailbreak.
    Better find out first if Apple is still signing 8.1, if not ? You're screwed

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Better find out first if Apple is still signing 8.1, if not ? You're screwed
    As of right now they still are: https://ipsw.me/8.1

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-11-20), Carvensno (2014-11-20)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As of right now they still are: https://ipsw.me/8.1
    Cool

Remove Substrate safe mode and it will remove all app/tweaks from cydia and start over again and install 1 app at a time and see how it goes.

Ok cool thanks alot👍

Default Battery Drain
    Christophmsc i think it's tweaks with rocket bootstrap dependency for example intelliscreenx etc. For some reason when i disabled rocket bootstrap via icleaner battery drain stops. i could be wrong but you can give it a try. please be mindful that a lot of tweaks has rocket bootstrap depency thus if you disable the daemon or uninstall many tweaks would not work.

Ok cool thanks alot��
    Christophmsc i think it's tweaks with rocket bootstrap dependency for example intelliscreenx etc. For some reason when i disabled rocket bootstrap via icleaner battery drain stops. i could be wrong but you can give it a try. please be mindful that a lot of tweaks has rocket bootstrap depency thus if you disable the daemon or uninstall many tweaks would not work.
    Last edited by diniesh80; 2014-11-21 at 12:17 AM.

You know that's funny because earlier today intelliscreen had an upgrade and classic dock and after I upgraded those that's when it happened. Anyway I've done a fresh restore and jailbreak and I have intelliscreen back on my phone and it's fine now. Although I didn't re download classic dock yet. Could it be that? I'm afraid to download it again.

Two they still are signing 8.1 just did a fresh restore and jailbreak. But that's right, apple can shut it down literally any second. Btw, my phone is good now I have pretty much downloaded the same tweaks, except classic dock. Reason for that is there was an upgrade for that earlier and after I upgraded it that's when my phone started running hot and battery drainage.
    Last edited by christophmsc; 2014-11-21 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    How do get Quick reply whit what's app

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The WhatsApp tweak isnt working very well. It lose after 10-15mins the connection to the WhatsApp server and ALL messages you sent from this point they dont will be delivered!!!
    The same issue is known under iOS7 with Couria and the WhatsApp extension....
    Dont find an way to fix this fuc*ing problem ):

Quote Originally Posted by plitchey View Post
    How do get Quick reply whit what's app
    It isnt working very well. I told in a posting before the problem with the WhatsApp extension!
    Last edited by t1me2die; 2014-11-21 at 07:55 AM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by t1me2die View Post
    The WhatsApp tweak isnt working very well. It lose after 10-15mins the connection to the WhatsApp server and ALL messages you sent from this point they dont will be delivered!!!
    The same issue is known under iOS7 with Couria and the WhatsApp extension....
    Dont find an way to fix this fuc*ing problem ):

It isnt working very well. I told in a posting before the problem with the WhatsApp extension!
    Well it's in beta, and that's the reason it's a separate FREE tweak and not included in this PAID package.

I know but I want to inform all (:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to t1me2die For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-21)

iPhone? More like MyPhone CraZyJaVieR's Avatar
    Thanks

it's hard to reply through this tweak because it doesn't show the full message I got. How am I going to reply to something I can't even read. needs to show full message because it isn't useful like this.

2/5

because I still need to go to the app to read the actual message I got. awesome idea though

Hi there.
    Can some of you guys/girls give an answer to my question?
    I can't quite figure out if this tweak supports quick reply/compose for the native message app?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uffen90 View Post
    Hi there.
    Can some of you guys/girls give an answer to my question?
    I can't quite figure out if this tweak supports quick reply/compose for the native message app?
    Native quick reply is built into iOS 8.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Native quick reply is built into iOS 8.
    I know that, but it's crap.
    But it's not the most important part, it's the quick compose action.