Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ShadowBoard' Adds Dynamically-moving Icon Shadows to the iOS 8 Home Screen

Default 'ShadowBoard' Adds Dynamically-moving Icon Shadows to the iOS 8 Home Screen

Are you looking for a cool new way to jazz up your iOS 8 Home Screen with visual effects? If so, then a new free jailbreak tweak called ShadowBoard by iOS developer Phillip Tennen may be of interest to you.

With ShadowBoard installed, you will get some cool new shadow effects behind your application icons and application labels on the Home Screen. The shadows will move dynamically with the position of your device thanks to motion detection from the built-in accelerometer. It even works together with the parallax effect that iOS 8 offers with the Home Screen wallpaper, so the shadows actually move along with the wallpaper.

As you can see from the screenshots above, the shadow of not only the application icon, but also the application label, moves around depending on the orientation of the device. It gives the device a very 3-D look and feel and adds a little personalization to that flat iOS 8 Lock Screen.

If you want to give ShadowBoard a try, it's available right now free of cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure to install this tweak. The tweak will work on both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: ShadowBoard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: OS 7.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Phillip Tennen
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Any noticeable battery drain?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Kinda laggy on my 6

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't seem to work with a Winterboard theme installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This tweak is really cool. HOWEVER! There is one serious issue which made me uninstall it. Whenever you press the home button to leave any app, or scroll to fast in an app with words like settings, the words randomly looks scrambled like in Arabic or something. Totally weird. Like install this tweak, open your settings and press the home button to exit. You will see what I mean. This happens everywhere.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamevl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey that happens on mine too. Not too much of a drama personally but did wonder why it started
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

Thumbs down agree
    Quote Originally Posted by adammal View Post
    Kinda laggy on my 6
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Steiganator View Post
    This tweak is really cool. HOWEVER! There is one serious issue which made me uninstall it. Whenever you press the home button to leave any app, or scroll to fast in an app with words like settings, the words randomly looks scrambled like in Arabic or something. Totally weird. Like install this tweak, open your settings and press the home button to exit. You will see what I mean. This happens everywhere.
    Yeah, it pixelates a lot of other areas of iOS.

Had to uninstall due to it. Shame, really liked those shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by adammal View Post
    Kinda laggy on my 6
    Of course it lags...you are using 2011 hardware inside the phone you bought in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Of course it lags...you are using 2011 hardware inside the phone you bought in 2014.
    At least it's not as old as that Samsung stuff you're always defending.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-26), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-21)

I just now installed it for the first time after installing the new winterboard on my 5S. Seems to work fine.