Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker ih8sn0w Shows Off Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 8.1.1

Default iOS Hacker ih8sn0w Shows Off Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 8.1.1

iOS hacker ih8sn0w has uploaded a video on his YouTube channel showing off an untethered jailbreak on Apple's latest iOS 8.1.1 firmware. iOS 8.1.1 is the first release of iOS 8 to be invulnerable to Pangu's iOS 8 jailbreak.

The video shows an iPad running iOS 8.1.1 booting up with verbose and with a custom boot logo. It can be watched below:

Hacker ih8sn0w does note that this jailbreak uses some new research found between himself and another hacker by the name of @XanderKitteh. He also notes that it is limited to 30-pin (non-Lightning) devices due to the fact that Lightning doesn't support serial.

It's unlikely that this jailbreak will see a public release, as it's mostly a proof of concept, but we will keep you updated if any additional information arises.

Sources: ih8sn0w

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

My life is pathetic, so I'm going to tease the jailbreak community and not release my 8.1.1 jailbreak.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

Assassination (2014-11-20)

Really? Maybe it's not stable yet so why release an unstable jailbreak?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrandMstrBud For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2014-11-19), buggsy2 (2014-11-19), Evaded (2014-11-20), LeslieBee (2014-11-20)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    My life is pathetic, so I'm going to tease the jailbreak community and not release my 8.1.1 jailbreak.
    Or maybe, just maybe, knowing that iOS 8.2 was just seeded to developers yesterday, it's smart not to release it as not to burn an exploit on a minor revision version such as 8.1.1?

Also, it only applies to 30-pin phones anyway at the moment - so unless you're running an iPhone 4S or earlier, which I'd be skeptical that any iPhone jailbreak enthusiast is, it's not that exciting.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PCYoda For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-11-20), bisayakid07 (2014-11-19), buggsy2 (2014-11-19), Evaded (2014-11-20), HovikGas (2014-11-19), LeslieBee (2014-11-20)

I do use a 4s but never update to ios8 because I think it would go slow.

Does anyone have problems with the iphone 4 speed with ios8?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Really? Maybe it's not stable yet so why release an unstable jailbreak?

Except the same guy has done this exact same thing every time a new iOS version has been released.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

dannyrocket (2014-11-20), dapes (2014-11-22), LeslieBee (2014-11-20), Sage I (2014-11-20), scroogelives (2014-11-20)

Yup. He's done this a couple of times now "only for devices with 30-pin connectors." We all know this jailbreak will never see the light of day, so don't hold your breath anyone. Where's geohot when you need him. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post

I have a 4S 64GB on 8.1, which works fine, although it's no longer used as a cell phone, but only as an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post

Nope my daughters is jb on 8.1 and her 4s is running great expect on YouTube. That's a tad but lagy but portrait to landscape mode but other than that great

Quote Originally Posted by PCYoda View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, knowing that iOS 8.2 was just seeded to developers yesterday, it's smart not to release it as not to burn an exploit on a minor revision version such as 8.1.1?

Also, it only applies to 30-pin phones anyway at the moment - so unless you're running an iPhone 4S or earlier, which I'd be skeptical that any iPhone jailbreak enthusiast is, it's not that exciting.
    If you're running anything earlier than a 4S you can't run iOS 8 anyway.

What have YOU done for the jailbreak community? Oh that's right. You've done nothing.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2014-11-20 at 04:38 AM.
    Hmm...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2014-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    If you're running anything earlier than a 4S you can't run iOS 8 anyway.

What have YOU done for the jailbreak community? Oh that's right. You've done nothing.
    Yeah, but your mom knows.
    Heh.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but is anyone else having issues with the recent 8.1.1 update?
    My phone's messages keep freezing up, keyboard isnt responsive as before, battery seems to be going down quicker and some settings were shut up after the installs (Location, iMessage).

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but is anyone else having issues with the recent 8.1.1 update?
    My phone's messages keep freezing up, keyboard isn't responsive as before, battery seems to be going down quicker and some settings were shut up after the installs (Location, iMessage).

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio02150 View Post
    My phone's messages keep freezing up, keyboard isn't responsive as before, battery seems to be going down quicker and some settings were shut up after the installs (Location, iMessage).
    Downgrade back to 8.1 while apple is still signing 8.1 if you are having problems with 8.1.1. You're not going to find too many people around here on 8.1.1.

Yeah, but your mom knows.
    Heh.
    yay the teenagers have arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    yay the teenagers have arrived.
    I know right

I think ios 8 is unstable .

Sent from space