Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eddy Cue Goes on Holiday Shopping Spree and Shows Off Apple Pay

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Eddy Cue Goes on Holiday Shopping Spree and Shows Off Apple Pay
    <script height="433px" width="770px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=f987944e2b8d47c5ad7da7977780b8bd&ec =c0N3VvcTrXTYG8nO23S27avdy3fyPt9r"></script>

Apple’s SVP of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue, recently went on a holiday shopping spree with California news station, KTLA’s Rich DeMuro. Cue visited a number of retailers including Bloomingdale’s, the Disney Store, and the Apple Store. For those that didn’t know, Cue led the team that developed Apple Pay. The shopping spree he went on recently, involved showing off how the newly released mobile payment system works.

The first place the duo visited was Panera Bread. Cue preordered a meal for both him and Demuro using the iPhone, and the Apple exec even paid with his phone without having to go into Panera. When the order was ready for pickup, the two went inside the restaurant and looked for their order in the online order section. Then the next place they visited was high-end department store Bloomingdales, where Cue purchased sunglasses. When he was ready to pay, he just tapped his iPhone and aligned it with the reader and the transaction was complete.

The third store the duo visited was the Disney Store, and the transaction was just as easy and quick as it was at Bloomingdales. DeMuro asked Cue why at Bloomingdales he had to sign his name, whereas at Disney he didn’t. Cue then told him that some stores where the amount is higher may require a signature from the customer. In the video, it was noted that Apple is looking to eliminate signature requirements all in all sometime in the near future. The last location the two visited was the Apple Store where he spoke about the security behind Apple Pay.

If you have not used Apple Pay yet and are interested in how it works, take a look at the full video above.

Source: KTLA

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

The first place I tried using Apple Pay on my 6+ was Staples this weekend. I was caught off guard because the clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my CC#, saying it was necessary to verify the transaction. So I tell him, but it doesn't work. He went on to tell me that it's some other number that Apple Pay assigns, and not actually the last 4 digits of the CC#. I didn't have my wallet on me and there was a line so I just had my GF pay for me instead.

After leaving the store and going into Passbook I saw the other number towards the bottom. It was a very annoying situation. However, I stopped at Babies R Us to get a baby shower gift for my friends and was able to conveniently use Apple Pay without being prompted for any 4 digit number.

Moral of the story: WTF Staples.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My issue with Babies R Us was still having to 'sign' when I used my 6+ with Apple Pay.

Quote Originally Posted by V3RT View Post
    My issue with Babies R Us was still having to 'sign' when I used my 6+ with Apple Pay.
    Yeah, I had to sign, too, but it was a much smoother experience than Staples

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    The first place I tried using Apple Pay on my 6+ was Staples this weekend. I was caught off guard because the clerk asked me for the last 4 digits of my CC#, saying it was necessary to verify the transaction. So I tell him, but it doesn't work. He went on to tell me that it's some other number that Apple Pay assigns, and not actually the last 4 digits of the CC#. I didn't have my wallet on me and there was a line so I just had my GF pay for me instead.

After leaving the store and going into Passbook I saw the other number towards the bottom. It was a very annoying situation. However, I stopped at Babies R Us to get a baby shower gift for my friends and was able to conveniently use Apple Pay without being prompted for any 4 digit number.

Moral of the story: WTF Staples.
    What do you mean WTF Staples? When you set up Apple pay it specifically tells you when asked for the card number in the future use this new 4 digit number we just created for you. It's not Staples problem you didn't remember that. Moral of the story: RTFM.
    Hmm...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-11-19)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I didn't remember my last 4 either but if u go settings - Apple pay- the card - scroll down and you'll see the number u supposed to use. It's that simple.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mainc21 For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-11-19)

I don't remember anyone asking for a 4 PIN number on the 3 sec Apple pay keynote. Ohhhhh but it's so fast and convenient! I love my iPhone but Apple just pisses me off sometimes.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I don't remember anyone asking for a 4 PIN number on the 3 sec Apple pay keynote. Ohhhhh but it's so fast and convenient! I love my iPhone but Apple just pisses me off sometimes.
    That doesn't sound like apple so much as outdated checkout software.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    What do you mean WTF Staples? When you set up Apple pay it specifically tells you when asked for the card number in the future use this new 4 digit number we just created for you. It's not Staples problem you didn't remember that. Moral of the story: RTFM.
    I've been opening essentially all reviews and articles that I've encountered that have anything to do with Apple Pay, and not once have I seen anyone say anything about having to tell the clerk a 4 digit number for them to punch into the register, or having to sign - it's ALWAYS "I tapped my phone on this thing and that was it!" I was not expecting that and yes, was not prepared. Judging from the other guy's response, it sounds like he uses Apple Pay frequently enough that just having to scribble his name was inconvenient enough for him at one particular store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

has any one here read the bible? no?
    the antichrist? the mark of the beast?
    Revelations 13:16 anybody?

"16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six."

this is how it starts. RFID, integrated payment solutions..
    first its not safe to have a wallet, so put it on your phone; then, it won't be safe to have it on your phone, so put in on your body...

keep your eyes peeled. it has long begun.