Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds iOS 8.2 Beta to Developers With WatchKit SDK

Default Apple Seeds iOS 8.2 Beta to Developers With WatchKit SDK

On Tuesday, following yesterday's public release of iOS 8.1.1 to the general public, Apple has seeded iOS 8.2 beta along with the WatchKit SDK to developers for testing.

iOS 8.2 focuses mostly on making iOS devices work with the upcoming Apple Watch, but as 9to5Mac reports, doesn't have much else to offer at this point in time.

With WatchKit, developers can make it so that their upcoming applications and updates can take advantage of the features of Apple Watch. This includes notification integration, application syncing, and even applications that work together from one device to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    With the iOS 8.2 beta SDK, developers can now start using WatchKit to create breakthrough new apps, Glances and actionable notifications designed for the innovative Apple Watch interface and work with new technologies such as Force Touch, Digital Crown and Taptic Engine.
    Developers can grab this update from the Developer portal of Apple's Web site.

Sources: 9to5Mac

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought betas had always been able to go back down. Is this new?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Great point. Seems like a new move. Hard to imagine this won't remove the motivation to try betas for anyone that isn't using them main a secondary device... May be an intentional move to weed out certain people that have access to the betas?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    They still can. Apple always include that little blurb and on their developer forums the staff there always tells people you can't. But you can. As long as the firmware you are downgrading to Apple is still signing of course.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-11-19), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-19), talkin73 (2014-11-18)

So yet another update I can live without, on 8.1 loving JB