Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 140

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Releases iOS 8.1.1 to the Public [WARNING: NOT JAILBREAK SAFE]

  1. #41
    Default Apple Releases iOS 8.1.1 to the Public [WARNING: NOT JAILBREAK SAFE]
    8.1 still being signed? Just got my email from AT&T saying to restore my iPhone in order for the unlock to push through. They couldn't have sent it a day earlier?!
    Last edited by Evaded; 2014-11-18 at 06:07 AM.

  2. #42
    Pangu pangu pangu the snipers are coming and the update will blown to pieces
    Jail break rules


    I guess we need back up Saurik to the rescue

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iN2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Luckily i found a local Apple store with a few iP6+ today. Canceled my online order because of this.

  4. #44
    Is that website accurate, are they still signing for real? Thanks

  5. #45
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
    8.1 still being signed? Just got my email from AT&T saying to restore my iPhone in order for the unlock to push through. They couldn't have sent it a day earlier?!
    You never need to restore to complete an unlock. Just pop in a new SIM from another carrier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot82 View Post
    Is that website accurate, are they still signing for real? Thanks
    They're the most accurate out there. But if you want a backup resource just click "check for updates" in iTunes while your phone is plugged in and on the iPhone device screen. If it still says 8.1, you're good to go!

  6. #46
    Great idea newdestiny but iTunes says 8.1.1, that website still says 8.1 is being signed tho, worth a shot u reckon?

  7. #47
    Download IPSW 8.1 for your iPhone and try SHIFT + RESTORE. If Apple is still signing it, you will be able to restore to IOS 8.1.

  8. #48
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Guys I don't know if this is the right place to post this and if it isn't, please redirect me. I just got my iPhone 6 plus yesterday in the mail, RIGHT AFTER 8.1.1 WAS RELEASED. This was a total bummer b/c the device I received was on 8.0.2. Thankfully, I haven't run across any bugs BUT I can't install intelliscreenx. One of my favorite tweaks. When I try to install, it says there's missing dependencies (I'm pretty sure it's saying that it needs iOS 8.1). I'm so bummed about this. I had an iPhone 6 prior to this 6+ and I backed it up on iTunes. Is there ANY way to somehow use that back up, or a way to use iTunes, to get me on 8.1? OR, is there any other way to install intelliscreenx? I really hope pangu jailbreaks 8.1.1 but I realize it's unlikely.

    Thanks!

  9. #49
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pathtologos View Post
    Guys I don't know if this is the right place to post this and if it isn't, please redirect me. I just got my iPhone 6 plus yesterday in the mail, RIGHT AFTER 8.1.1 WAS RELEASED. This was a total bummer b/c the device I received was on 8.0.2. Thankfully, I haven't run across any bugs BUT I can't install intelliscreenx. One of my favorite tweaks. When I try to install, it says there's missing dependencies (I'm pretty sure it's saying that it needs iOS 8.1). I'm so bummed about this. I had an iPhone 6 prior to this 6+ and I backed it up on iTunes. Is there ANY way to somehow use that back up, or a way to use iTunes, to get me on 8.1? OR, is there any other way to install intelliscreenx? I really hope pangu jailbreaks 8.1.1 but I realize it's unlikely.

    Thanks!
    Screenshot what error you're seeing. Then we can help a little more, k!

  10. #50
    Yup and I am almost sure, that 8.1 doesn't have anything to do with the problem you have.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2014-11-18)

  12. #51
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Apple Releases iOS 8.1.1 to the Public [WARNING: NOT JAILBREAK SAFE]
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Screenshot what error you're seeing. Then we can help a little more, k!
    I'm trying to upload my screenshot, but the upload failed. I got some message saying "you may not have permission to do this." WTH?

    Literally what I am seeing is right after I hit "install" on cydia.

    "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

    Below that I see a series of pink boxes that read, "depends intelliscreenx 8 (iOS 8.1 library)
    >=8.00.2
    Last edited by pathtologos; 2014-11-18 at 03:09 PM.

  13. #52
    hmmmmm, than I could be also wrong

  14. #53
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Apple Releases iOS 8.1.1 to the Public [WARNING: NOT JAILBREAK SAFE]
    I emailed the dev about it but if I'm reading it correctly I believe it means that I have to be on 8.1 to install it. Which totally sucks.

    I wonder if anyone around here is on any firmware older than 8.1 and is running intelliscreenx?
    Last edited by pathtologos; 2014-11-18 at 03:19 PM.

  15. #54
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    I can fix that problem!!! Manually install this;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m279smokn...isx81.deb?dl=0

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    pathtologos (2014-11-18)

  17. #55
    Theme Creator thefinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    "tax"-achusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

    Anyone know how or if I can "update" to 8.1 and jailbreak? My wife's iPad is on iOS 7 still (jailbroken)

    I can alt+shift update, but then I run into errors. I believe if i DFU restore I can not select the firmware to install..... Any insight??

  18. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    MobileTerminal 'does' work! You just need to know where to get it!!!
    Where to get it then?

  19. #57
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    Anyone know how or if I can "update" to 8.1 and jailbreak? My wife's iPad is on iOS 7 still (jailbroken)

    I can alt+shift update, but then I run into errors. I believe if i DFU restore I can not select the firmware to install..... Any insight??
    Yes you can still select firmware

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    thefinga (2014-11-18)

  21. #58
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I can fix that problem!!! Manually install this;
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m279smokn...isx81.deb?dl=0
    I'm hoping to God that you are right but I'm a bit rusty on iOS. How do I manually install?

  22. #59
    Theme Creator thefinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    "tax"-achusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Yes you can still select firmware
    Your right! Thanks! Didn't realize I could do that because alt+shift didn't work. I believe it was just 'alt' that did it.

  23. #60
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pathtologos View Post
    I'm hoping to God that you are right but I'm a bit rusty on iOS. How do I manually install?
    Get iFile or Filza (free).
    Open the Dropbox link and choose Open in... (Whatever app you're gonna use)
    Once it's downloaded, click on the file and choose Install or Installer. You might have to hit the 'More' button when using Filza
    *Close Cydia prior to installing*

    Quote Originally Posted by thefinga View Post
    Your right! Thanks! Didn't realize I could do that because alt+shift didn't work. I believe it was just 'alt' that did it.
    Yup! Is it restoring?

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    pathtologos (2014-11-18)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •