Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NativeZoom' Enables Native Zoom on Unsupported iOS 8 Devices

Default 'NativeZoom' Enables Native Zoom on Unsupported iOS 8 Devices

If you're a fan of the native zoom features on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and wish that you could do the same thing on your older devices, such as your iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, and even iPhone 4s, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called NativeZoom by iOS developer PoomSmart.

With this tweak installed, you will be able to access the Native Zoom settings from the Brightness & Wallpaper preferences pane in the Settings application, just like on the supported devices the iPhone 6 Plus and the iPhone 6:

You can choose between standard (zoomed out) and zoomed (zoomed in). The zoomed in mode is what you're used to seeing, while the standard mode is the more preferred mode that lets you see more information on your display at once, as shown above.

The tweak works similarly to Ryan Petrich's LittleBrother jailbreak tweak, which we showed you a while ago, although it has fewer features. For example, NativeZoom doesn't enable Home Screen and UI rotation, and it only has zoomed and standard zooming options, while LittleBrother offers more zooming options. On the other hand, for a free little tweak, if you just wanted the zoom options, it's a great choice to try.

NativeZoom is open source, so you can view the tweak's source code on GitHub at this link. If you want to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed.

Name: NativeZoom
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

my settings app crashes when I have this installed

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    That is odd and should not happen. It doesn't happen when I use it.

What other tweaks have you got installed?

I'm waiting for a tweak that just allows the double pane view in settings. Not sure how it would be done, though, as it appears to be a feature dependent on resolution (see: Upscale)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'NativeZoom' Enables Native Zoom on Unsupported iOS 8 Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm waiting for a tweak that just allows the double pane view in settings. Not sure how it would be done, though, as it appears to be a feature dependent on resolution (see: Upscale)
    Upscale worked out great for me, I just didn't like the tiny little app icons.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Me too!

Default Makes my settings crash
    So does mine. I press the settings icon, it pops up for a split second, then crashes.