Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apex 2 Jailbreak Tweak Gets Updated to Support the iOS 8.1 Jailbreak

  1. #1
    Default Apex 2 Jailbreak Tweak Gets Updated to Support the iOS 8.1 Jailbreak


    The popular Apex 2 jailbreak tweak by iOS development team Ałtweaks has been updated on Friday with official support for for iOS 8.1 for those jailbroken using the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8.

    The team notes that the tweak will support iOS 8.1 only, and not iOS 8.0.x. This means that you may want to upgrade to iOS 8.1 and have your jailbreak prepared on that firmware before trying to install this tweak, or you'll run into problems. It's probably a good idea too since the upcoming iOS 8.1.1 closes the Pangu8 jailbreak and will be released in the near future – iOS 8.1 is the most stable iOS 8 release to date that can be jailbroken.

    Apex 2, in case you're unfamiliar with the tweak, allows you to nest application icons behind a main application icon on your Home Screen. It's great for grouping alike applications under the same application tile on a Home Screen, and can make a nice folder replacement in iOS. It works best with related application, such as perhaps grouping your Google applications together, or your Facebook applications together, or even your Yahoo! applications together.

    The update is free for those that already own Apex 2, but if you haven't bought Apex 2 yet, you can download it for $2.99 from Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. Both iOS 7 and iOS 8.1 are supported!

    Sources: Ałtweaks

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Well I installed this onto my iPh6 iOS8.1 and my device just crashes into safe mode.

    I dont know about anyone else but is Pangu8 really that stable.
    This isnt the first time tweaks that I instll just crash into safe mode.
    Ive crashed more times with this jb then any other jb...
    And before anyone askes I am only installing iOS8 certified tweaks.

    I even restored my device just in case there was a problem with the first attempt to jb when Pangu8 first came out for Windows, I also wanted to jb on my Mac instead.

    Crash Crash Crash

    Im starting to wonder if this jb is worth the issues.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2014-11-14), ELLSBLACK6 (2014-11-14), Hellie (2014-11-15)

  4. #3
    I haven't tried this tweak out yet, but haven't had but a couple issues since the JB was installed. I uninstalled the tweaks at that time and was back in business while I waited for said tweaks to finally get updated for iOS 8. As we have all heard a hundred times, the stability will always be in question at the beginning of a JB this quickly. That was always the benefit to waiting months and months for a JB - few crash issues. Used to be the crashes only happened when tweaks didn't play nice with each other.

    Also, may be something with the device. I'm running 8.1 on a 5, with no issues, and 8.1 on my Mini Retina with no issues. It seems like there have been more issues on the 6/6+ devices than others.

  5. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    México
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a iPh5s IOS8.1 and having the same issue as @n0m0n

  6. #5
    What i noticed for last few years is, every time this same devs releasing tweaks it always runs into a problems till next few updates they will through. Nothing personal here, they are one of a few dwvs that making great advanced tweaks, but full of bugs at initial release. So purchase almost every tweaks they made for iOS, but i'd always wait till at least next update as i had serious issues in the beginning.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well I installed this onto my iPh6 iOS8.1 and my device just crashes into safe mode.

    I dont know about anyone else but is Pangu8 really that stable.
    This isnt the first time tweaks that I instll just crash into safe mode.
    Ive crashed more times with this jb then any other jb...
    And before anyone askes I am only installing iOS8 certified tweaks.

    I even restored my device just in case there was a problem with the first attempt to jb when Pangu8 first came out for Windows, I also wanted to jb on my Mac instead.

    Crash Crash Crash

    Im starting to wonder if this jb is worth the issues.
    Sorry to hear u r having issues. I am using i6 on iOS 8.1. Lots of tweaks but absolutely no issues except callbar which was a problem for most people. Otherwise this JB has been very stable. I started with clean install, then jb, then restore backup. The backup was from a previous clean install of iOS 8 as well. Not sure if that is related to your crashes but I find clean installs have dramatically reduced my JB headaches.

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    I saw this on Cydia a few hours ago. Guess its just not ready yet. With all the issues on both 5S and 6...does't seem like this one had enough testing.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2014-11-14)

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    Sorry to hear u r having issues. I am using i6 on iOS 8.1. Lots of tweaks but absolutely no issues except callbar which was a problem for most people. Otherwise this JB has been very stable. I started with clean install, then jb, then restore backup. The backup was from a previous clean install of iOS 8 as well. Not sure if that is related to your crashes but I find clean installs have dramatically reduced my JB headaches.
    I, on the other hand, had the previous issues with the jailbreak with respect to the lockscreen issue. I kept having a blank screen after reboots, and I restored and everything half a dozen time before giving up. Theeeen...they released the fix-I jailbroke right over my fully used iPhone 6-no restore, just plug and jailbreak. Been perfect since! Haven't tried this yet, but if I do, I'll post results.

    PIC-this jailbreak has been extremely stable for me!

  11. #9
    This tweak is not ready. There are too many bugs to list.

  12. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I, on the other hand, had the previous issues with the jailbreak with respect to the lockscreen issue. I kept having a blank screen after reboots, and I restored and everything half a dozen time before giving up. Theeeen...they released the fix-I jailbroke right over my fully used iPhone 6-no restore, just plug and jailbreak. Been perfect since! Haven't tried this yet, but if I do, I'll post results.

    PIC-this jailbreak has been extremely stable for me!
    Well as I restored my iPh6 via iTunes to a clean iOS.8.1.
    I set out up as a new phone so not to relateD issue's due to a bad backup and still multiple issue's.
    Can't get any cleaner than that other then not jb at all.
    I've been jb'ing for years and out of the box this is the most buggy jb in my opinion.
    I hope it's not just me or maybe it's the iPh6 and 6+ that has a higher volume of issue's then 5 models.

    Don't know

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well as I restored my iPh6 via iTunes to a clean iOS.8.1.
    I set out up as a new phone so not to relateD issue's due to a bad backup and still multiple issue's.
    Can't get any cleaner than that other then not jb at all.
    I've been jb'ing for years and out of the box this is the most buggy jb in my opinion.
    I hope it's not just me or maybe it's the iPh6 and 6+ that has a higher volume of issue's then 5 models.

    Don't know
    Yeah, it's tough. You have to spend a LOT of time trying to diagnose these issues. I too have been jailbreaking for years, but this latest release took care of all the issues for me. And that's not even doing the clean install! I'm sure this is a silly question, but did you download the latest version of Pangu? That's what fixed it for me...good luck buddy. Hang in there.

  14. #12
    IPhone 5 64 Gig.
    IOS 8.1
    Latest Pangu.

    After apex installed, phone crashes & can only be rebooted in safe mode.
    Had to remove apex.
    Others seem to be having the same issue.
    Do we just need to be patient until this is fixed?
    Or maybe it's a conflict with another tweak on my phone.
    Go modmyi.
    Much love.
    Adam.

  15. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 152 Times in 110 Posts

    This JB is not really stable or devs don't know how to work with it or iOS 8. Furthermore relatively few tweaks have been updated to this JB. So far it's a disappointment.

  16. #14
    You guys are all crazy! You need to be patient and enjoy what you have in this jailbreak. All the cool stuff will be updated in time.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    This JB is not really stable or devs don't know how to work with it or iOS 8. Furthermore relatively few tweaks have been updated to this JB. So far it's a disappointment.
    It's not the JB that's unstable, it's the tweaks. Quit hating on the JB.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltons.iphone For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (2014-11-15)

  19. #16
    Love this tweak glad it's updated

  20. #17
    Meh.

  21. #18
    This is 1 of the most stable jb I've had in a long time. IPhone 6-8.1. I have a hand full of stuff/tweeks that works.
    What's ashame is our regular jb team has basically give up jail breaking. I recon not enough glory or money or drama in it now.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •