Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Follows Suit and Releases "Flow," a Feature Similar to Apple's Continuity

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Follows Suit and Releases "Flow," a Feature Similar to Apple's Continuity

In a recent presentation at Samsung’s developer conference in San Francisco, company Vice President of Research, Pranav Mistry recently announced Samsung’s response to Apple’s Continuity feature: Samsung “Flow.” The “Flow” feature is set to allow users to move activities and content between Samsung smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, PCs and more.

Unsurprisingly the feature works very similarly to Apple’s Continuity feature which has become a key component of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. Similar to Continuity, Flow will deliver alerts and notifications between devices including text messages and phone calls.

Samsung primarily split Flow into three key functions which consist of the following: Transfer, Defer and Notify.

• Transfer allows the quick moving of content from one device to another, such as an image or a video.
    • Defer works in a similar way to Apple's "Handoff" in that it allows users to "pause" an activity, such as writing a document, and allows them to pick it up on another device.
    • Notify is simply the syncing of notifications across devices, allowing users to be alerted to text messages and phone calls on their tablet, smart watch, PC or even their television.
    As of right now, Samsung hasn’t revealed the release date for Flow but it is currently holding sessions on the feature for developers during the conference. We’ll have to wait until it is released more widely to see how it stacks up to Apple’s Continuity feature.

Those of you interested in watching a video which highlights the feature can do so below:

Source: Samsung via The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

No surprise here...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    No surprise here...
    But samsung fanboys will never bring this up.

Stopped reading after "Samsung follows suit..."

Their CEO will announce that he's gay by February.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-11-14), Jahooba (2014-11-14), jsuddu0109 (2014-11-14), novadam (2014-11-14), talkin73 (2014-11-14), therandy (2014-11-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Stopped reading after "Samsung follows suit..."

Their CEO will announce that he's gay by February.
    Gay and water proof

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-11-14), jsuddu0109 (2014-11-14), novadam (2014-11-14), therandy (2014-11-14)

^^^^😂😂😂😂 3funny

Good for Samsung, why should these features be restricted to only Apple devices?

Apple needs to offer more cross platform support and recognise that people use non Apple devices alongside their iPhones and iPads

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Good for Samsung, why should these features be restricted to only Apple devices?

Apple needs to offer more cross platform support and recognise that people use non Apple devices alongside their iPhones and iPads
    you say this as if to imply that samsungs implementation is cross-platform and not exclusive to their own devices.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-11-14), talkin73 (2014-11-14), therandy (2014-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by pedwily View Post
    But samsung fanboys will never bring this up.
    So it looks like they copied. What do you expect that they never release the feature because Apple did it first? How do you know they didn’t have this project going long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    So it looks like they copied. What do you expect that they never release the feature because Apple did it first? How do you know they didn’t have this project going long ago?
    Early bird gets the worm my friend! As far as I'm concerned, they saw how useful it was and "imitated". The most sincere form of Flattery! Thanks Samsung.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Heyyy look, something to add to the Apple arsenal against Samsung fanboys!

Smart move. But then, copying Apple has turned out well for them in the past.

Default Samsung Follows Suit and Releases "Flow," a Feature Similar to Apple's Contin...
    How to you access that feature from Mac I'm still getting used to it don't have a lot of time on hands always working lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Even that TV looks like a copy of my Sony

Samsung TV's +1...anything else...Meh!

Default Samsung Follows Suit and Releases "Flow," a Feature Similar to Apple's Contin...
    Well are Apple people so self centered to think that an idea like this has not been thought of years before? I remember articles back in the days before Iphone stating how the new bluetooth technology would allow us to share content easily between hand held devices and computers. I love how Apple is always credited for innovation ideas that others came up with. Apple does deserve the credit for implementing the ideas though.

Sorry the comments above mine are mostly Fanism which just PO's me.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 2014-11-15 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Well are Apple people so self centered to think that an idea like this has not been thought of years before? I remember articles back in the days before Iphone stating how the new bluetooth technology would allow us to share content easily between hand held devices and computers. I love how Apple is always credited for innovation ideas that others came up with. Apple does deserve the credit for implementing the ideas though.

Sorry the comments above mine are mostly Fanism which just PO's me.
    "An idea "like" this"..."thought of years before"...If it's such old news, then why is Apple the first to release it? Why? Does Samsung just sit there and wait for Apple to release, only to follow suit and take ridicule because of it? NO, some people are just so ignorant to the fact that competition DRIVES sales. APPLE is all about sales! What don't you get?

If Apple releases something before someone else...GOOD FOR THEM, they open the market. If companies follow, great. Will they loose some while others follow suit, sure! But it doesn't answer the question, why didn't the almighty Samsung release first if they had this technology first. Do you have a more intelligent reason besides that it may or may not have been "thought" about for "years". Come on people, WAKE UP!

كيف استعمل سيديا

أرسلت بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk