Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Aeternum' Brings the Apple Watch Home Screen Interface + Animations to the iPhone

Default 'Aeternum' Brings the Apple Watch Home Screen Interface + Animations to the iPhone

If you're ready for a serious implementation of the Apple Watch interface on your iPhone, then you don't need to look any further than Aeternum by iOS developer SpiritOfLogic, the developer behind iRealSMS, PwnTunes, and PhotoAlbums+.

Aeternum is by far the most serious implementation of the Apple Watch user interface on the iPhone. It comes complete with the universe-style Home Screen application panning, application launching and closing animations, and the round application icon appearance, as shown above.

When closing applications, your Home Screen will always return to the SpotLight icon at the center. You can pan around to find the application that you want to launch, while waiting surrounding application icons shrink and grow simultaneously. Launching and closing applications results in a rounded-animation that matches the Apple Watch's launch animation.

The application icons can be rearranged however you like them, and the application icons are still fully themeable. Animations are extremely smooth as you pan through your icons and launch or close applications, and the tweak is very easy on your battery. If you want to sort your application icons by how often you use them, you most certainly can. You can also hide or show Aeternum using Activator.

Aeternum adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few options:

From here, you can enable or disable the Dock while you're using Aeternum, hide or show application names on the Home Screen, use your own theming mask, and reset your application icon arrangement.

Aeternum is seriously the most beautiful implementation of the Apple Watch Home Screen we've ever seen on the iPhone, and for just $2.99, it can be yours. The tweak is available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository, so check it out! iOS 8 is supported iOS 7, not so much!

SpiritOfLogic has also just updated PwnTunes to support iOS 8 as well!

Name: Aeternum
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 1.0.0.7
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: SpiritOfLogic
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Are folders kept intact, or when I launch this app will all my apps in folders be removed and set about the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Are folders kept intact, or when I launch this app will all my apps in folders be removed and set about the screen?
    The interface does not have folders, all of your apps will be displayed on the screen rather than in folders. It's pretty awesome actually, cool animations when in jiggle mode as well.

It does look pretty cool, but as many apps as I have in folders, I'll spend days rearranging apps on the screen to keep them organized so I can find them easily. Dave, have you tried it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    It does look pretty cool, but as many apps as I have in folders, I'll spend days rearranging apps on the screen to keep them organized so I can find them easily. Dave, have you tried it out yet?
    Your folders remain intact though, when you switch back, everything is as you left it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone know if he is giving some of that asinine price tag profit to the developer of WatchSpring? It is based from the code of WatchSpring after all. If not it really isn't worth more than a "Free" price tag. If it is I'll gladly pay the 3$.

It would be great if folders stayed intact as little circles, then when you open them they do the same animations as the home screen.

Thanks

When I installed the Apple Watch theme two weeks go, the first thing I thought is I wanted the ability to put the folders back when I felt like it. Other than that it is pretty sweet!

Thanks

I would buy this but says payment status : offline
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Awesome - buying now!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    I would buy this but says payment status : offline
    It said the same thing for me, I just tapped "recheck" in the top right corner and then it allowed to purchase. Give it a go.

Awesome feature, triple press home button to return to standard iOS layout. All folders intact. NICE!
    Last edited by therandy; 2014-11-12 at 11:09 PM.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to therandy For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-11-12)

Am I a complete idiot ??? I can't get this working???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool, but can't wait for SphereView.

Thanks

This is great! My only item on the wishlist would be to be able to set a zoom level. On a smaller screen the wide zoom is great but on the iP6+, a slightly larger icon would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    Cool, but can't wait for SphereView.
    The name alone has me curious. What is Sphereview?
    Last edited by Fender; 2014-11-12 at 11:56 PM.

I have this installed but cannot get it working? Any advice

Anyone know if a tweak the keeps the home screen from rotating but allows all other apps to rotate on the 6+? I hate that when the home screen rotates.

Quote Originally Posted by bjsisson1 View Post
    I have this installed but cannot get it working? Any advice
    I couldn't either but then realized I had springtomize running. Disabled that and it worked after a respring. I'd really like it if 5 icons were supported in the dock. Seems like wasted space on the 6+.

So if we have any custom icon layouts or anything this will not work ???

Can't get it to work either. Cannot find anyway to set up in activator nor see it under "triple press home button"
    I don't have Springtomize installed either
    Last edited by smittyjf; 2014-11-13 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    Can't get it to work either. Cannot find anyway to set up in activator nor see it under "triple press home button"
    Same issue

Definite not a tweak I would buy unless folders stood intact. Would take me days to find my apps with just all icons on screen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast