Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Releases a More Powerful Cydia Substrate for Developers to Make Use of

Default Saurik Releases a More Powerful Cydia Substrate for Developers to Make Use of

On Wednesday, Jay Freeman (saurik) has released an updated version of the Cydia Substrate jailbreak extension package in Cydia that aims to be more powerful for developers. Version 0.9.5100 includes a variety of new highly-requested abilities for developers to take advantage of; for example, the new Cydia Substrate can now inject into even more of iOS 8's various daemons.

All of the new features in Cydia Substrate 0.9.5100 include:

• Injecting into more iOS 8 daemons
    • Finding more private symbols
    • Moving more arm64 instructions
    • Hooking even shorter armv7 functions

The more powerful Cydia Substrate will allow iOS developers to do more with their Cydia tweaks and make them not only more powerful, but also more efficient. It's mostly for developers, so the average user will not gain any additional functionality from the extension with this update, although it's recommended that everyone update to the latest version of Cydia Substrate via the "Changes" tab in the Cydia application.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-11-12)

Great news... Might allow for the next version of XCON Jailbreak Detection. Would be nice if Saurik cooked in Jailbreak Detection Disabling into Substrate. I do miss streaming Tivo content.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Great news... Might allow for the next version of XCON Jailbreak Detection. Would be nice if Saurik cooked in Jailbreak Detection Disabling into Substrate. I do miss streaming Tivo content.
    Same, I even bought flex just to see if there was a tivo jb fix. Then made a crappy attempt myself when I couldn't find one. I found a "cjb" function under some sort of security class. But overriding the boolean return value to either true or false has no perceptible effect :/

The lack of TiVo streaming is getting under my skin a bit.