Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Remove All Those Unused App Preference Panes From Your iOS 8 Settings App

Default How to Remove All Those Unused App Preference Panes From Your iOS 8 Settings App

For whatever reason in iOS 8, Apple chose to create a preferences pane in the Settings application for every single one of your installed applications. Many of the preference panes have no value to the user, and the settings that can be configured from within them can be configured elsewhere without the extra clutter in the Settings application.

If you've had enough of them and want to get rid of them, especially on a device of yours that has a lot of applications installed on it, then you can download a new free jailbreak tweak called NoAppSettings by iOS developer Phillip Tennen to get rid of them all and return your Settings application to its un-cluttered self.

These preference panes usually have a way to enable or disable background refresh and notifications, both of which can already be set from the Background Refresh and Notifications preferences panes in the Settings application. So these additional preference panes are a little redundant.

After being installed, NoAppSettings will completely remove all of the preference panes for all of your installed applications. There are no options to configure for the tweak as soon as you've removed them, they're gone until you uninstall the jailbreak tweak. You'll be able to enjoy a Settings application experience that doesn't feel crowded and cluttered, finally!

It does a great job of its intended purpose, although it would be nice to be able to choose the applications that you want to hide instead of being forced to hide them all. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 8 is required for the installation.

Name: NoAppSettings
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-5
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Phillip Tennen
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Good idea, but should probably have an icon (or preference icon!) with whitelist or blacklist options

3. The Following User Says Thank You to altoiddealer For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-12)

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    Good idea, but should probably have an icon (or preference icon!) with whitelist or blacklist options
    I agree. At least for the occasional application that might have something useful there.

Thanks

Right on! I've done that in the past using ifile but this is gonna be much better...

More specifically, hide every app that has just the default options that are changeable elsewhere.

Love the idea, but agree with what you said. I'll install it for now and hope the dev adds more features later.

You can do this with Cloaky. Hide / show which apps you want.

Would be better if it just zipped them all up into one folder called "User App" or something.