Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Force Desktop Versions of Sites On Your iPhone Rather Than Mobile Versions

Default How to Force Desktop Versions of Sites On Your iPhone Rather Than Mobile Versions

Mobile versions of Web sites are often terrible at offering the user features, information, and gives you an interface that feels like it gives you only a fraction of the experience of what a Web site should be. Fortunately, iOS 8 brings you a "request desktop version" feature in Mobile Safari, but it still requires that the user requests the desktop site by default, which means it's more work on the user's part.

A new free jailbreak tweak called User Agent Changer by iOS developer rbt is now available for free right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository that can make it so that any time you load a Web site in Mobile Safari, your Web sites will load in full desktop mode all the time, automatically.

User Agent Changer lets you spoof your user agent, which is what the Web site uses to decide whether or not you're going to view a mobile or desktop version of a Web site. The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure your user agent, and you can enable or disable it for any of the Web browsers that you might have installed on your iOS device:

You can make it look like you're using any of the following Web browsers instead of Mobile Safari:

• Google Chrome 37
    • Mozilla Firefox 31
    • Internet Explorer 10
    • Opera 12.14
    • Safari 8.0 (for Mac OS X)

We picked the Mozilla Firefox option, since that's what we use on a daily basis for our Web browsing on our Mac. Lo and behold, every time we load a Web page in Mobile Safari, a desktop version of the Web site now loads in place of the boring and non-useful mobile versions.

If you're interested in giving User Agent Changer a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The tweak works with iOS 6, iOS 7, and iOS 8, and works on all iOS devices.

Name: User Agent Changer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 6.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rbt
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-11-11), MrsReval (2014-11-11)

Thanks

I've always loved user agent faker, one of the first few things I look for after jailbreaking each time... This is the same but different it seems, different dev and slightly different name

this broke my ipod 5 ios 7.1.2 untethered jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not working ,
    I have to reboot using POWER+ home button & restart with using M.SUBSTRATE.
    Remove user agent tweak & reboot to Roll back on iPhone 5s iOS 7.1.1

Thanks for the short review.

This tweak is very similar to User Agent Faker. I've created a new tweak, because User Agent Faker does not work with iOS 8.
    My code is entirely different.
    Last edited by rbt; 2014-11-11 at 03:50 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbt For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-11-11), Sage I (2014-11-11)

Quote Originally Posted by rbt View Post
    Thanks for the short review.
    First of all there is a bug affecting all versions below iOS 8 resulting in a crash. I've already submitted a new version yesterday but it's not online yet. I'm really sorry for that.
    Anyway, if you are stuck in a boot loop, just press the Volume Up button during the boot and your device will start.

This tweak is very similar to User Agent Faker. I've created a new tweak, because User Agent Faker does not work with iOS 8.
    My code is entirely different.
    Thanks you for your hard work! Works great iOS 8.1 iPhone 6+
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Awesome tweak!!!

Thanks

speaking of, did mmi change their mobile site? not as nice as it used to be

Default How to Force Desktop Versions of Sites On Your iPhone Rather Than Mobile Vers...
    a flip switch would be great so I could quickly turn it off if I want to.

edit: ha! I see that a flipswitch was added yesterday. nice!! great work!
    Last edited by novadam; 2014-11-24 at 11:45 AM.

Yeah, I got many mails requesting a Flipswitch.
    There you go!