Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Disable Read Receipts in the Latest Version of WhatsApp Messenger for iOS

Default How to Disable Read Receipts in the Latest Version of WhatsApp Messenger for iOS

Are you a user of WhatsApp Messenger and hate how the newest update enables read receipts so that everyone you're messaging knows when you have seen what they've sent you? If so, there's a new free jailbreak tweak available in Cydia just for you.

WhatsApp Read Receipt Disabler by iOS developer Guy Kaplan is available right now so that you can completely disable read receipts in your WhatsApp Messenger installation on your iOS device. In turn, you'll gain the privacy you desire, so that the people you're messaging don't think you're ignoring them when you can't reply to their message after you've read it.

The jailbreak tweak doesn't come with any options to configure; it's basically plug and play. If at any time you want the read receipt option back, you can just uninstall the jailbreak tweak and you'll be able to use them again in the WhatsApp Messenger application.

WhatsApp Read Receipt Disabler is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The latest version of WhatsApp Messenger for iOS is required to use this tweak.

Name: WhatsApp Read Receipt Disabler
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1, WhatsApp Messenger
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Guy Kaplan
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks

Can anyone confirm that this works? I tried it using my wife's phone and the double tick read reports still showed up.

not working on iphone 5 ios8.1 i tried it