Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Turns On iCloud Photo Upload Feature for iCloud.com Beta Users

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Turns On iCloud Photo Upload Feature for iCloud.com Beta Users

Apple recently updated the iCloud.com beta site for developers by adding the ability to upload images to iCloud Photo Library. The standard iCloud.com site currently allows users to view their iCloud Photo Library images as well as download and delete them but there arenít any tools that let users upload the photos. This has now been made possible on the iCloud beta site. It should be noted that .JPGs are allowed but other image and video formats such as .PNG, .MOV, .MP4 among a few others arenít accepted.

When a file is uploaded to the site, it syncs instantly to all of a userís iOS devices, similar to a photo taken on an iPhone or iPad or added to iCloud Photo Library via the iOS Photos app. The presence of an uploading tool on the beta site means that it will likely make its way to the actual iCloud site after some testing. This will give users a way to add to their photo libraries from their Macs and PCs.

As of right now, iCloud Photo Library, which is still in beta and introduced with iOS 8.1, is set to store all of the photos and videos that a user takes in iCloud, making them available on all iOS devices and Macs. These images can be viewed in the Photos App on iOS or through iCloud.com on the web. The upcoming Photos app that Apple is creating for Macs is also set to work with iCloud Photo Library.

One thing to keep in mind is that uploading photos to iCloud will take space and youíll need to be mindful of that. The Cupertino California company offers 5 GB of storage space for free with additional plans ranging from $0.99 for 20 GB of storage space to $19.99 for 1 TB of storage space.

It hasnít been made clear how long the testing phase will continue so weíll ultimately have to wait and see.

Source: iCloud.com (Beta)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Why apple is so slow to get certain things going

I log into the beta site, choose photos and it just says "setting up"....for hours. Any ideas?
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    I log into the beta site, choose photos and it just says "setting up"....for hours. Any ideas?
    I had the same issue, but I left for a few hours and then when I checked again it was done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanko11 For This Useful Post:

therandy (2014-11-09)