Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Switch from Using TLC NAND Flash to MLC in iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Devices

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I buy apple products because I like them better. I can't speak for others of course, but I simply prefer apple. What I think is a more realistic solution is to give a $100 iTunes credit to those affected. Maybe take it out of Cook's year end bonus. Realistic? Maybe not, but it'd sure look good.
    I agree completely.

BTW, a close friend of mine has an iPhone 6 Plus 128 that crashes several times a day. She doesn't have gobs of music or apps or anything special on her phone. Just some pictures and videos. She is an avid Apple fan who convinced many of her friends to buy Apple. But now she's mad as hell. The only thing thing that will make her happy is a replacement phone without TLC memory. She views an iOS patch as whitewash, which is making her even angrier.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
    What about excisting phones? Do i need to replace mine now or will there be a action which comes from Apple itself?
    I am wondering this too. My 6+ is supposed to ship this week, so I assume it will have the TLC unit.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieBee View Post
    I agree completely.

BTW, a close friend of mine has an iPhone 6 Plus 128 that crashes several times a day. She doesn't have gobs of music or apps or anything special on her phone.
    Personally i would restore the phone. If problem is still there then i guess there is an hardware error.

Quote Originally Posted by Baileyw813 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Hope the software fix works rather than having to go with the slower NAND.
    The defective type, TLC, is the slower type. The replacement NAND is faster.
    TLC and MLC are both NAND technology. MLC has less storage capacity but is faster than TLC.
    I am intimately familiar with that and never implied that only one of these types was NAND.

Thanks

Default Apple to Switch from Using TLC NAND Flash to MLC in iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Devices
    I thought everything was all good with my 128 6 plus until I manually rebooted my phone which happened to be a day after I jailbroke and the day after the 8.1.1 release... I thought I was screwed because I was on the endless boot logo, I thought Apple would have stopped signing 8.1 already... I ended up restoring and re-jailbreaking 3 times the other day all while stressing that Apple had stopped signing 8.1... Thought maybe it was something I installed from cydia not playing nice, but it ended up being just because of the fact that this phone has the TLC Nand... I can only successfully reboot if I use a reboot option found in the pangu app...
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-11-21 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    I thought everything was all good with my 128 6 plus until I manually rebooted my phone which happened to be a day after I jailbroke and the day after the 8.1.1 release... I thought I was screwed because I was on the endless boot logo, I thought Apple would have stopped signing 8.1 already... I ended up restoring and re-jailbreaking 3 times the other day all while stressing that Apple had stopped signing 8.1... Thought maybe it was something I installed from cydia not playing nice, but it ended up being just because of the fact that this phone has the TLC Nand...
    EXACTLY my experience. I couldn't believe they were still signing it! I ended up installing 8.2 beta 1 after three other DFU restores and jailbreaks because I hoped it would fix my text selection glitches (it didn't).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12