Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Safe Alarm' Lets You Set a Custom Volume Level for Alarms

Default 'Safe Alarm' Lets You Set a Custom Volume Level for Alarms

Don't you just hate it when you have an alarm set, but you left the volume so low by accident that you didn't even hear it when you needed to?

A new free jailbreak tweak called Safe Alarm by iOS developer Douglas Soares is now available in Cydia that will allow you to set a custom volume level for when your alarm fires off.

With this tweak installed and configured on your iOS device, you can let your system volume be whatever you want it to be, but the tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a custom volume level for your alarm so that no matter what your system volume is, your alarm volume will be separate and can be as loud as you want it to be without your system volume following suit. That way, you can have a super loud alarm, but when you're listening to music or receiving an incoming phone call, it will remain at a comfortable volume level.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure a custom alarm volume level:

By default, the custom alarm volume level is maximum, but you can place the slider anywhere that you want to. The furthest right setting is the max volume, while the furthest left setting is the lowest volume.

If you want to give Safe Alarm a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak will work with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: Safe Alarm
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Douglas Soares
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

How does this factor in headphones? Sometimes I'll be listening to music on my headphones when an alarm goes off so I wouldn't wanna blow my eardrums...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Great Tweak. Been waiting for something like this for a while now. But, I still have an issue with it. I usually have my master volume on all the way high, but for alarm, since I don't want to wake the entire house, i keep on very low (just enough for me to hear and get up). So, I tried the tweak. Master Volume set to HIGH, Safe Alarm set to low. Alarm goes off with LOW volume (works great). But, now the master volume is switched to that LOW Volume. Is there a way to not to touch/change the master volume? Thanks for nice work.

Default 'Safe Alarm' Lets You Set a Custom Volume Level for Alarms
    I couldn't find a Twitter link for the dev, so I'll suggest here.
    What about an option of setting the volume different for your various alarms? Like, my "wake up" alarm at max, and my "you've stayed too late at work" alarm low, and so on...

I was counting on this to work. It didn't. My timer went off silently despite having it set to full volume.