Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swype is Apple's App of the Week This Week

Default Swype is Apple's App of the Week This Week

On Thursday, for the first time in Apple's App Store history, the Cupertino-based company has chosen a popular third-party keyboard to be the App of the Week in the App Store. Swype, the highly popular gesture-based keyboard for iOS 8, has been dubbed the App of the Week; a major change from Apple's App of the Week last week, which was a game called PAC-MAN Friends.

Swype went free in the App Store this morning, but there was no word on why. The revealing that it's Apple's App of the Week this week explains exactly why the keyboard went free in the App Store, and also tells us how long it'll be free for until next Thursday when a new App of the Week is chosen.

Swype is a keyboard that lets you swipe from letter to letter to complete words, rather than having to type words out the old-fashioned way on a tap-to-type keyboard. It's arguably a better solution to typing, but many will also argue that it can take a lot of getting used to and may not exactly be as fast as some people say it is.

Swype is normally a 99 download in the App Store, so if you're interested in grabbing it while it's free, it's available at this App Store link. Please note that you need to be on iOS 8 to install third-party keyboards like Swype. You can also follow this guide on how to install and activate third-party keyboards.

Sources: App Store

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

MrsReval (2014-11-07)

Bs I paid for it. Dammit.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Bs I paid for it. Dammit.
    If it makes you feel better, you had it before I did.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (2014-11-07), therandy (2014-11-08)

I find this keyboard to be quite annoying. I'm sure it's because I'm not used to it but still drives me nuts....deleted
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Yes free... Just trying it out and works very good

I'm on the 6+...finding that at certain times the keyboard simply doesn't appear. Guessing this is a known bug? Otherwise seems very cool. I uninstalled for now because of the inconsistency.