Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Compatible

Default Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Compatible

Starting on Thursday, developers of jailbreak tweaks will now be able to mark their creations as compatible with the new iOS 8 jailbreak. Cydia creator Jay Freeman (Saurik) announced on Twitter this afternoon that he has opened the ability for Cydia vendors (iOS developers) to mark their tweaks as iOS 8-compatible, and therefore, you can now purchase them.

Saurik notes that the jailbreak on iOS 8 is now "stable enough" for this decision to be "reasonable." Since the initial release of the Pangu jailbreak, there have been plenty of bugs with the iOS 8 jailbreak that needed to be fixed, and although the major bugs have already been fixed, it wasn't until recently that major jailbreak developers have been working to get their jailbreak tweaks ready for iOS 8 since there was no warning that an iOS 8 jailbreak was about to drop.

With the jailbreak in its current state, Saurik thinks that it's stable enough to go ahead and upgrade to iOS 8 and go ahead with your jailbreak:

It's a good idea to go ahead with the update as soon as possible, because pretty soon Apple will be releasing iOS 8.1.1, and it will be closing the Pangu jailbreak's exploits. A Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool is expected to be released in a few days, although it's available for Windows right now. You can read our guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 8 device with Pangu for Windows at this link.

Sources: Saurik

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

jbone5x (2014-11-07), menard_00 (2014-11-07)

Still can't purchase Bioprotect ;(

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

stolenpentium (2014-11-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Just picked up my 128 gb 6+ from the Apple Store. Heading home to JB!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

El Mucho DingDong (2014-11-07), Sage I (2014-11-07), thazsar (2014-11-07)

Even though Saurik has given his blessing, it's up to each package owner to certify that their tweak is iOS 8 ready.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-11-07), chevymusclecar (2014-11-07), magoo657 (2014-11-09), noname8317 (2014-11-07), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-07)

Now he's gotta update winterboard soon. Waiting for that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Supa_xL For This Useful Post:

toyhaulerobs (2014-11-07)

iBlacklist hello?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    iBlacklist hello?
    Doesn't iOS 8 already have a Blacklist feature?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Doesn't iOS 8 already have a Blacklist feature?
    Shhh....

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    iBlacklist hello?
    Why iBlacklist? Simply use DND with disturbplease and you have the same deal.

I have bought iBlacklist before but stopped trying to transfer it to my new device because of the above combo.

Need 5 icon dock, 5 icon row for springboard updated for the 6+..... You can add them but the spacing is all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post

I have bought iBlacklist before but stopped trying to transfer it to my new device because of the above combo.

Need 5 icon dock, 5 icon row for springboard updated for the 6+..... You can add them but the spacing is all wrong.
    BetterFiveIconDock works like a champ my on 6+

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Titan3636 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-11-08)

Can't wait for springtomize to get rid of these ugly big icons and of course cocco's theme era pink

But DisturbPlease is not yet compatible. So same boat as iBlacklist

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post

But DisturbPlease is not yet compatible. So same boat as iBlacklist

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Can't wait for springtomize to get rid of these ugly big icons and of course cocco's theme era pink
    Take a look at "Icon Resizer" in the repo: evilgoldfish
    This tweak lets you resize your icons how u want (:

Should I wait for the Mac version jailbreak? Or is it the same doing it on Windows?

Default Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Com...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    Should I wait for the Mac version jailbreak? Or is it the same doing it on Windows?
    It's the same program/version, just use a virtual machine on a Mac to jailbreak my friend.

Bug.

After jailberak i m unable to activate iMessage.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Where where where? I loved FID but can't seem to find it on cydia! Free or paid?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminme View Post
    Bug.

After jailberak i m unable to activate iMessage.
    You're the first I've heard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    +1, simple tweak but effective in maintaining that all important symmetry! Ive's would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    +1, blue chip app that. There a couple of must have jailbreak apps, ifile, springtomize, openssh to name 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    Now he's gotta update winterboard soon. Waiting for that
    +1, what I'm really hoping for is a remedy to the Classicdock info.plist bug where properties specified in the plist are not consistently applied.

Default Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Com...
    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Where where where? I loved FID but can't seem to find it on cydia! Free or paid?
    FREE. It won't let me post the repo here but just google " betterfiveicondock repo" and you'll find it:

BetterFiveIconDock lets you add 5 icons to iPhone 6 or 6 Plus dock - iOS Hacker | iOS Hacker
    Last edited by Titan3636; 2014-11-07 at 12:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast