Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Installer for iOS 8 to Fix Restore From Backup Issues

Default Saurik Updates Cydia Installer for iOS 8 to Fix Restore From Backup Issues

On Wednesday, Saurik has updated the Cydia Installer package for iOS 8 once again, this time making version 1.1.16 the most current version of the important third-party installer software for jailbroken iOS 8 devices.

Cydia Installer 1.1.16 aims to fix problems with the software not running right on devices that were restored from a back-up. This was one of the problems plaguing devices that were jailbroken with the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8, as we noted in our post yesterday about upgrading to iOS 8.1 and jailbreaking as soon as you can, and it's one of the reasons that we recommended a full DFU mode restore before jailbreaking.

Saurik's change log for Cydia Installer 1.1.16 can be found below:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurik
    Cydia 1.1.16 is a bug fix release

iOS 8 "Restore from Backup" Fixed

This update fixes an important bug in Cydia 1.1.14 and 1.1.15 on iOS 8: if you used "restore from backup" in iTunes after your first use of Cydia, you needed to reinstall this package to make sure your device could safely reboot with a passcode enabled.

It should now be OK to use the iTunes "restore from backup" feature without needing to then reinstall Cydia Installer afterward to avoid reboot problems.
    Now that the issue has been fixed, you're now safe to go ahead and jailbreak any iOS 8.1 device that you may have that you may have restored from a backup on after updating or restoring the device through iTunes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

alfredo diaz (2014-11-06)

Thanks

Just updated. Going to test Activator again. Hoping it works better now.

Edit: No change. With Activator installed, I cannot double tap the Home button and get the screen to drop down(reachable) as it should natively. When i uninstall it works fine.
    Last edited by bigboyz; 2014-11-05 at 05:10 PM.

Is this new version bundled with Pangu?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post

Edit: No change. With Activator installed, I cannot double tap the Home button and get the screen to drop down(reachable) as it should natively. When i uninstall it works fine.
    Where did you read regarding activator being fixed? Says it fixed the backup issue..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (2014-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Is this new version bundled with Pangu?
    No, you will have to update it from the Changes tab in the Cydia application after jailbreaking with the latest version of Pangu.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Where did you read regarding activator being fixed? Says it fixed the backup issue..
    I did not read it anywhere..I was just checking to see if it worked in general. I thought the update may have fixed more than just what was related in the article.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Activator has a double tap action. Perhaps install force reachability then assign it to double tap?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

talkin73 (2014-11-05)

I've just recently jail broken my ip6 with pangu and updated cydia. I've encountered that my official App Store don't work. Is any one else having this problem

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Activator has a double tap action. Perhaps install force reachability then assign it to double tap?
    that sounds like a nice/ handy work around for boyz... let us know if you try that man. should work. ! .:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Funken Ferret For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-05)

I thought the update may have fixed more than just what was related in the article.
    If it did, we'd have told you :P

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (2014-11-05)

When will Saurik start allowing to be able to buy in Cydia???

You can read about it, when you open Cydia

Wonder if PKGBackup works yet

I was wondering if there was somewhere that listed what doesn't seem to be working correctly with pangu and 8.1. I understand Cydia will have some growing pains, but I'm more concerned with the functionality of the IOS stability and tethering. Not seeing a whole lot of need for 8.1, since the health app doesn't seem to be very functional and I've got my 7.1.2 tweaks soo nicely tuned in. Trying to find some gain for what is a pretty big pain, or is this just for 6's to have a jailbreak? Would somebody fill me in? Thanks

These kind of very helpful, share knowledge comments are what make forums great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by isuck View Post
    I was wondering if there was somewhere that listed what doesn't seem to be working correctly with pangu and 8.1. I understand Cydia will have some growing pains, but I'm more concerned with the functionality of the IOS stability and tethering. Not seeing a whole lot of need for 8.1, since the health app doesn't seem to be very functional and I've got my 7.1.2 tweaks soo nicely tuned in. Trying to find some gain for what is a pretty big pain, or is this just for 6's to have a jailbreak? Would somebody fill me in? Thanks
    If you don't want an i6 and are happy with your 7 jb it sounds like there won't be much benefit for you. So many of my favorite apps haven't been updated though they worked fine in iOS 7. I wanted the i6 and don't have any regrets. Even a non-jb i6 is preferable for me over my previous jb i5S. I'm just hoping that the closure of the 8-8.1 exploit with 8.1.1 release won't reduce dev motivation to update with iOS 8 compatibility. Though I anticipate it will cause some or many to skip it. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by talkin73; 2014-11-05 at 08:12 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to talkin73 For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Too many JB tweaks and apps still don't work. Saurik and Pangu have been working hard but the JB tweak devs aren't.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

Hi
    I have a problem I had it before and after updating cydia on iphone 5s ios 8.1. I have jailbreak with last pangu version yesterday did the jailbreak...
    What is my problem after respring the Iphone or I wake up after time is not unrecognized my touch id? Soo I have too unlocked with password.
    Any another people I have same issue like me? Thanks Alin

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Saurik Updates Cydia Installer for iOS 8 to Fix Restore From Backup Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Wonder if PKGBackup works yet
    The damn thing got worse and more confusing with every release.

I just can't wait for a winterboard update. Hope that is coming soon 🙏

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This isn't working for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast