Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swype Keyboard for iOS Updated With Several Improvements

Default Swype Keyboard for iOS Updated With Several Improvements

On Tuesday, the popular Swype keyboard for the iOS platform received an update with many improvements for users. The latest version that's now available in the App Store is version 1.1.

Among the changes in this update are a new smart Emoji system that can recommend Emoji based on the words you input, an improved layout on the iPad, the ability to have a keyboard clicking sound while typing, a new auto-space option, and the ability to change your keyboard layout between QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY.

Other changes that the update provides are an updated application that supports the new retina HD display of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and the application now supports a total of 21 supported languages (including 16 that can be downloaded by the user).

If you're an existing user of Swype for iOS, then this update is available for free under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the Swype keyboard for iOS for 99 from this App Store link. After installing the keyboard, you will need to enable it manually. You can follow this guide on how to enable third-party keyboard that you've installed on your iOS 8 device.

Sources: Swype

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I never did like it before now and it's taking a little getting used to but it's working pretty well. My biggest problem is I don't trust it yet lol

Do standard emojis work on swype? Can't find them :/

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I never did like it before now and it's taking a little getting used to but it's working pretty well. My biggest problem is I don't trust it yet lol
    What's there not to trust?

Swype is made by Nuance, a reputable company.

Secondly, the keyboard doesn't even require full access, so there's no discrepancy in the trust department.

Quote Originally Posted by ashasg03 View Post
    Do standard emojis work on swype? Can't find them :/
    I believe you have to switch to the Emoji keyboard. Your other option is to type words relating to the Emojis, and this new version can suggest them in the predictive keyboard area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-11-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

No love for SwiftKey?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    No love for SwiftKey?
    Nah, I'll admit, I'm a Swype guy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it. It works well I think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Swype Keyboard for iOS Updated With Several Improvements
    I didn't mean I don't trust the company I just don't trust it to get the right word all the time yet lol. Sorry for the confusion.
    Only one typo while typing this message so far.
    Anyway is there any way to make this the default keyboard so it doesn't keep going back to the original keyboard? It switches back every time I type a question mark or other punctuation and accidentally hit the keyboard select button which is inconveniently where the punctuation button is normally...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I didn't mean I don't trust the company I just don't trust it to get the right word all the time yet lol. Sorry for the confusion.
    Only one typo while typing this message so far.
    Anyway is there any way to make this the default keyboard so it doesn't keep going back to the original keyboard? It switches back every time I type a question mark or other punctuation and accidentally hit the keyboard select button which is inconveniently where the punctuation button is normally...
    Did you know you can swipe down from the M to the space bar to input a question mark?

There are several other shortcuts too. Take a look inside of the Swype application for more tips.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bmwraw8482 (2014-11-05), EricB78 (2014-11-05)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I'm loving TouchPal.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Type: love, heart, ant, cow, etc. and see what you get.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaredtodd69's Avatar
    Thanks

💘 ❤ 🐜 🐄

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    What's there not to trust?

Swype is made by Nuance, a reputable company.
    I tried installing it. When I went to make it the default app, a notice popped up saying the developer has access to EVERYTHING I type. Basically, like installing a key logger on my device so they can snoop on me. How am I expected to trust that in the slightest?? Why do they need that kind of access?

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I tried installing it. When I went to make it the default app, a notice popped up saying the developer has access to EVERYTHING I type. Basically, like installing a key logger on my device so they can snoop on me. How am I expected to trust that in the slightest?? Why do they need that kind of access?
    That's the way Apple makes it. Apple's API forces it to need that kind of access. It's not Nuance, it's Apple doing that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-11-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

How hard is it to learn this method from the standard Apple keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    How hard is it to learn this method from the standard Apple keyboard?
    It takes getting used to. I won't call it easy, because I've been using Swype for a few months now and I still accidentally type something I shouldn't because I instinctively do what I used to do on the Apple keyboard.

I just tried Swype for the first time tonight. It seems to be pretty nice. I like it better than SwiftKey right now. But it does take a bit of getting used to.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I just tried Swype for the first time tonight. It seems to be pretty nice. I like it better than SwiftKey right now. But it does take a bit of getting used to.
    You try TouchPal? I prefer it to Swype.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Don't mean to hijack, but did Kyle Howells release SwipeSelection in the app store yet? I see an app called "Swipe Cursor" and it says its based off of "SwipeSelection" but it doesn't say made by Kyle. Any ideas? I can't stand typing without it now.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

I use SwipeShiftCaret and it was updated works awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast