Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now is the Time to Upgrade to iOS 8.1 and Jailbreak, Do it Before iOS 8.1.1 is Released

Sorry, I seem to have double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Well I may have restored from a backup the last time I jailbroke my phone, when the first pangu release came out over the summer.

Meaning I updated to 7.2, jailbroke and then restored from a backup.

Does that count?
    It may or may not work for you. There's honestly no clear answer. Some people have success, and many have also failed to jailbreak their devices with Pangu for iOS 8 after restoring from a backup.

What I hope to educate in this post is that the BEST way to jailbreak your device is to set it up as new and just start over.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Nope your 100% wrong, This is not buggy been running it for a week and its quite stable.

What's buggy are tweaks.

Many others including myself have no problems.

Also staying on 7x JB leaves you behind and unable to enjoy the newer apps that come out

Best advice is upgrade and JB now

The tweaks and JB will only get better.

What if 8.1.1 is worse or closes JB, you are aware that Apple hired some former JB community to help close the future JB? Latest report is 8.1.1 closes JB!
    ok I could be wrong but I've still seen people saying they have issues
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ok I could be wrong but I've still seen people saying they have issues
    The last widespread issue I've personally heard about was closed it 0.4.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    Just need winterboard and springtomize 3 to be updated and I'll be happy with my jailbreak
    this.

I don't know a lot of apps are not compatible yet with 8.1. It won't be final for another 2 weeks anyway so we got some time

Nooooo still can't JB, I still have a 4s and an iPad 2. And 8.1.1 is good for both of my devices. Hopefully Pangu will come out with a JB for 8.1.1 thanks in advance.... Guess I need to upgrade soon since both my devices will be obsolete next year!

Cleanliness, is next to Godliness KingRedHot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 207 Posts

I don't know who did what to this phone before I got it. She factory reset it already on 8.1, I ran Pangu and haven't had a problem thus far. I also recommend jumping in this 8.1 signing window because we never know when 8.1.1 will drop and you will then be screwed.

First you do a fresh iTunes restore of ios 8.1. Then once you've downloaded and extracted the software, let iTunes install it. Then once the phone reboots, you set it up as a new iPhone. Then proceed with the Pangu jailbreak, v. 1.1 or 1.2. The jailbreak should go through completely. Open iPhone and Cydia will be on the second screen. Now, go back into iTunes and click restore iPhone. Pick your most recent backup and and click. Once again let iTunes do its thing. Your iPhone will say Restore in Progress. Then after the phone reboots again, you will see all your icons coming back on your phone and it will still be jailbreak with Cydia. Did it myself, it works. Real simple. Good Luck

Default Now is the Time to Upgrade to iOS 8.1 and Jailbreak, Do it Before iOS 8.1.1 i...
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    if your happy with your Jailbreak on iOS 7.x.x ignore this article

Edit: the Pangu iOS 8 jailbreak is still very buggy, best to let iOS 8.1.1 come out and see if they release a better jailbreak
    Lmao
    I'm happy 7.1.2 for another year

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Spent all day updating all my devices to 8.1 from 7.x. It's a hassle but it'll be worth it!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-11-05), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-05), vXBaKeRXv (2014-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Spent all day updating all my devices to 8.1 from 7.x. It's a hassle but it'll be worth it!
    Great idea!

I see hardly a reason to stay on iOS 7, because tweaks right now are being made for iOS 8 and they're better yet :P

Updates for existing tweaks are just on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Great idea!

I see hardly a reason to stay on iOS 7, because tweaks right now are being made for iOS 8 and they're better yet :P

Updates for existing tweaks are just on the horizon.
    Your right-!
    I'm setup good though-

Went from 6.1 - 7.1.2
    Just how I am I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I don't know a lot of apps are not compatible yet with 8.1. It won't be final for another 2 weeks anyway so we got some time
    I want to believe. You were right about 8.1.1 seeding, so I hope you're right about this. 11/14 ship date on 6+.

I am real happy with my JB, for those not jailbreaking, oh well, your loss!

I have mixed feelings about this jailbreak. The double email notifications (vibrations and audible) bug is REALLY annoying. If it gets fixed in 8.1.1 I'd be tempted to upgrade just for that...or maybe a Cydia tweak could be developed!

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this jailbreak. The double email notifications (vibrations and audible) bug is REALLY annoying. If it gets fixed in 8.1.1 I'd be tempted to upgrade just for that...or maybe a Cydia tweak could be developed!
    This is not a bug, go to notification in settings, select mail, select sound. Then on top of screen there will be an option for all vibration modes including a setting for none

I restored from a backup then used pangu, I dont think I have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladunn View Post
    This is not a bug, go to notification in settings, select mail, select sound. Then on top of screen there will be an option for all vibration modes including a setting for none
    Sure about that?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6561027

Double/Echo Email Notification Sound iPhone 6? - MacRumors Forums

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast