Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'VolumeNotifier' Provides an Audible Beep While Increasing/Decreasing the Volume

Default 'VolumeNotifier' Provides an Audible Beep While Increasing/Decreasing the Volume

When adjusting the volume in iOS, you have no idea what the volume is going to sound like until you actually hear a noise. You never know if something is going to be too loud or too quiet until you press that play button for a video or a song. Fortunately, a new free jailbreak tweak called VolumeNotifier by iOS developer i_82 can help you decide if the volume is high or low enough.

With this tweak installed, whenever you adjust the volume level on your iOS device, you will hear a small audible "beep" sound with each button press. It is slightly similar to adjusting the volume on Mac OS X, where each key-press would result in a volume sound, although the sound is much different than that of the Mac.

VolumeNotifier will not make noise when you have media playing, such as a video or a song; it will only work when you have nothing playing. The tweak also works with both the ringer and media volume levels; not just one or the other.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and works immediately after you install it. VolumeNotifier is compatible with both iOS 7 and iOS 8, so if you want to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: VolumeNotifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: i_82
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-11-04 at 07:27 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a place to suggest tweaks? I have several things I've been kinda wishing for and am not sure where to post them.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Is there a place to suggest tweaks? I have several things I've been kinda wishing for and am not sure where to post them.
    Reddit (/r/jailbreak) seems to be the most popular place to request tweaks and have the ideas heard by the developers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-04)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Reddit (/r/jailbreak) seems to be the most popular place to request tweaks and have the ideas heard by the developers.
    Thanks. Worth a shot at least.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

i like this... however wish the audible tone would adjust with the volume level... it's just flat. there's a tweak that has the Mac OS X volume sound however i think it requires winter board... haven't used it in a long time.

Added this tweak but it doesn't seem to play well with something else. I also have StatusHUD 2 on board & though I do get the tone, it doesn't move up or down when I press the buttons. Removed it & they work just fine. Also tried turning off the previously-mentioned tweak to no effect.
    Last edited by DucMike; 2014-11-05 at 08:24 PM.