Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8 Updated to Version 0.4

Default Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8 Updated to Version 0.4

On Monday, following the Pangu jailbreak team's official announcement, the team released the Pangu version 0.4 untether package for iOS 8.

Version 0.4 of the Pangu 8.0-8.1.x untether fixes a problem that could cause Mobile Safari to randomly crash while being used on 32-bit iOS 8 devices, such as the iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPod touch 5g, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, and the original iPad mini. 64-bit devices are not affected by this problem.

The update comes just a few days after the Pangu 0.3 update for the iOS 8 untether package, which fixed an issue with battery drainage and overheating due to a CPU process that would continually run in the background.

To grab the new Pangu 0.4 untether package for the iOS 8.0-8.1.x jailbreak, you can head over to Cydia right now, refresh your sources, and check your Changes tab. A reboot will be required to install the package.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

dapes (2014-11-04), zplit (2014-11-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

jeez. so many bugs in their jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    There maybe bugs, however they're always first to JB and we haven't had to wait forever. Minor things that most of us don't see, and hey at least they're diligent and fix these thins asap.

perfect
    pangu team fixing issues so fast
    we love you pangu team
    thanks so much for supporting jailbreak community

Thanks

While there may be bugs, they have been fixing them by the hour. No other Dev Team has released anything as of yet. Without Pangu, non of us would be running a JB on iOS 8 right now. Thanks Pangu Team very appreciative of your efforts.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Assassination (2014-11-04), buggsy2 (2014-11-04), NewD (2014-11-03), nfsonofgod (2014-11-03), novadam (2014-11-03), Padgoi (2014-11-04), Rakim (2014-11-04), sane478 (2014-11-03), scroogelives (2014-11-04), SpiderManAPV (2014-11-03)

Nope. Still not beta testing this. I'll wait for release 1.0.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-11-04)

Everyone focuses on the negative rather than the good. There has been such great support in the JB for iOS 8.... Been running fine since day 1 JB.. thanks for the updates Pangu and team.

Okay...nice work...now don't come back without a Mac version!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kupe For This Useful Post:

Nykoscn (2014-11-04)

Some people are so ungrateful. Some people forget that jailbrakes used to take well over 6 months. Some people forget that if one of the core jailbrakers decided not to participate then it took even longer and was a significant hit to jailbraking period. Some people forget that when previous JBs were released, they stayed in alpha and beta stages for additional months while most people begged for an early release. Some people forget that after the JB was released in a completely finished form, it took even longer for the developers and designers to then port their wares.

Pangu has brought out a JB in a month and make it available to developers and designers so they could ensure compatibility ASAP. Who cares if a beta makes an iPhone unusable? Wipe it and restore.

Pangu is doing an awesome job and many people are ungrateful and naive to how JBing used to be.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-11-04), Evaded (2014-11-03), Makzymos (2014-11-04), novadam (2014-11-03), Rakim (2014-11-04), sheltons.iphone (2014-11-04), thazsar (2014-11-03)

Then people are saying this & that but what other jailbreak has pushed updates through their dedicated app? If I'm mistaken then forgive me but I've been jailbreaking since the iPhone 3G & 1st IPod Touch.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sane478 For This Useful Post:

sheltons.iphone (2014-11-04)

Quote Originally Posted by sane478 View Post
    Then people are saying this & that but what other jailbreak has pushed updates through their dedicated app? If I'm mistaken then forgive me but I've been jailbreaking since the iPhone 3G & 1st IPod Touch.
    I don't even understand the question. What do you mean, pushing updates through their "dedicated app"?

PANGU TEAM THANK YOU FOR KEEPING ME AN APPLE CUSTOMER... Without a jailbreak to modmyi .. I would have switched to an android device ... We can have emulators with this iOS update and a bunch of other apps are free on the droids ... If these 2 would come togethet could be such a great thing ... iPhone beautiful UI and androids ability to modify system files

Just crashed my phone. iPhone 6, 128 att. updated to 0.4 and am stuck at the apple screen!!!!!

I tried using the up volume to boot and got no luck, any suggestions?

Just crashed my phone. iPhone 6, 128 att. updated to 0.4 and am stuck at the apple screen!!!!!

I tried using the up volume to boot and got no luck, any suggestions?

Restore turn phone off press home button hold while pluging it back to computer so it can enter DFU MODE .. Restore

yeah i'd say hold off getting it, ive got the same error as the user above since updating on my 6+. It continuously loops to the apple booting logo.

I cant restore it either as im at work, nooooooooooooo 7.5 hours without a phone Its almost like an extra paperweight on my desk lol
    Last edited by Epiphany83; 2014-11-03 at 10:17 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Are you seriously complaining? The jailbreak came out not even a month after the NEW phones were released. That process takes months at a time..

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-11-03)

I never asked a question my friend I simply stated that they push updates through the pangu app

Do you have any suggestions if we are still experiencing the battery issue??? It seems that I still have the launchd battery drain??? I have upgraded to v.4 Any suggestions would be grateful!!!

Thanks for all the great work you do Pangu Team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast