Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Team: Version 0.4 of Untether Package for iOS 8 Coming Soon to Fix Safari

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team: Version 0.4 of Untether Package for iOS Coming Soon to Fix Safari

Just a couple of days ago, Pangu released an updated version of its untether package for iOS 8 (version 0.3) with major improvements for battery life and overheating issues on 32-bit iOS devices.

The team is apparently following up with yet another update (version 0.4), which when released, will fix a problem with Mobile Safari crashing. The update, like other updates to the untether package for iOS 8, will be released by way of Cydia.

In addition to announcing version 0.4 of the untether package on Twitter, the Pangu jailbreak team warns that is anyone is having boot loop issues after installing version 0.3 of the untether package, it's because they used Pangu on a device that was restored with iTunes and then the user used the "restore from backup" feature. The "restore from backup" feature is a big no-no. If you're going to jailbreak with Pangu for iOS 8, you need to DFU restore and set up your device as a new device. More information on that can be read on the official Reddit thread at this link.

We will continue to keep you updated on information about the updated untether package, so stay tuned!

Sources: Pangu

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Mr.Coffee (2014-11-03)

jailbreaking has been outsourced also! hehe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alirz For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    jailbreaking has been outsourced also! hehe
    Yup, MADE IN CHINA.

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team: Version 0.4 of Untether Package for iOS 8 Coming Soon t...
    Go pangu!!!
    Last edited by Rondon360; 2014-11-04 at 06:24 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rondon360 For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-11-03)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly is the safari problem? I haven't been dealing with it myself.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team: Version 0.4 of Untether Package for iOS 8 Coming Soon t...
    Rondon, your ignorance is showing. Lets not forget that the evasion team didnt even try this time around. Whether they are bored by ios, put off by the events surrounding the ios 7 release, or whatever, they werent even trying. Pangu released a free jailbreak that wasnt perfect!? How dare they? All other developers release perfect software that never has bugs or requires updates. Right, Apple?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nate8it For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-11-03), csglinux (2014-11-03), hopethemodworx (2014-11-03), Jokadaking (2014-11-03), oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-03), Sage I (2014-11-03), Silverado1987 (2014-11-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xXDrizzyyXx's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know if pangu for iOS 8 includes PPsync? I know for iOS 7 it did.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXDrizzyyXx View Post
    Anyone know if pangu for iOS 8 includes PPsync? I know for iOS 7 it did.
    If you do the Chinese version and don't uncheck the box, then it does.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

xXDrizzyyXx (2014-11-03)

You people amaze me. Why don't all of you guys who are whining and complaining try to build a JB? Oh wait you can't, just because you can install Cydia and install a tweak doesn't make you a hacker or a developer. 80% pissed and moaned when you had to install Cydia via SH, why? Because you have not a clue as to what you are doing. No one releases a perfect piece of software. Why does apple continually release updates and not stay at 8.0? If you don't like the jailbreak and for the others who whine about the issues how about you fix them for us? The skill level it takes to do this is unbelievable and for those of you complaining you couldn't be more ungrateful. This is how the process works for those of you who don't work in this field and who work at Wal-Mart but think you are a developer. You release something, you find bugs, you get feedback and you issue updates to fix them. There is no way they can simulate all of the conditions this JB will be used in. Every setting, every app and every device. Runs great on my devices, but then again I'm not a idiot who has to wait for a one click, wonder button that does it all for you. Jesus Christ....

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-11-03), HovikGas (2014-11-03), Jokadaking (2014-11-03), oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-03), Sage I (2014-11-03), SpottedBilagaana (2014-11-03)

I'm jailbroken on 8.1 and I have no issues whatsoever.. Pangu jb is great .. All you moaners .. Simple don't jb .. Stupid haters

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ashasg03 For This Useful Post:

Cmds187 (2014-11-04), Eonhpi (2014-11-03), hopethemodworx (2014-11-03), HovikGas (2014-11-03), Jokadaking (2014-11-03), Sage I (2014-11-03), Silverado1987 (2014-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    What exactly is the safari problem? I haven't been dealing with it myself.
    I don't know if this is it, but ever since going to 8.1, I get a million "there was a problem with this page, it has been reloaded" errors. I've never seen that before.

I upgraded to 8.1 and jb'd right away, so I don't know if it's an 8.1 problem or a pangu problem. I hope it's the latter, and that the untether update will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    Problem after problem!!! Where are the Evasi0ns team when u need them. Pod2g where u at? PANGU ITS A MESS!!!
    the evasion jailbreaks also were updated numerous times to fix issues.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    jailbreaking has been outsourced also! Hehe
    haha...good one!!

Hope they work on an OSX option soon!
    Last edited by skyeking69; 2014-11-03 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I don't know if this is it, but ever since going to 8.1, I get a million "there was a problem with this page, it has been reloaded" errors. I've never seen that before.

I upgraded to 8.1 and jb'd right away, so I don't know if it's an 8.1 problem or a pangu problem. I hope it's the latter, and that the untether update will fix it.

the evasion jailbreaks also were updated numerous times to fix issues.
    Is a jailbreak issue, that's what this fix is for. A simple fix right now is to install Icleaner and use it. It will get you by till the fix is out

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-11-03), SpottedBilagaana (2014-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by bjsisson1 View Post
    Is a jailbreak issue, that's what this fix is for. A simple fix right now is to install Icleaner and use it. It will get you by till the fix is out
    This must be why I haven't seen the issue with Safari. I use iCleaner regularly. Always have since it was released. Exile90 did a great job with it!

If you updated without setup as new, than I do understand why you are having the problem. Even Pangu guys stated, that first you need to restore and setup as new, than jailbreak and at the end restore from backup. I prefer always to manually return all my apps back. Never had a problem with jailbreaking.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
    This must be why I haven't seen the issue with Safari. I use iCleaner regularly. Always have since it was released. Exile90 did a great job with it!
    Yeah from my understanding it's a system cache issue. So when you run Icleaner it fixes it. Even a respring will fix it temporarily

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-11-03)

Didn't think icleaner worked guess I'll give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Didn't think icleaner worked guess I'll give it a go
    I downloaded it straight from Exile90's repo. It gives a warning for ios8 but I haven't had a single problem with it.

On a 5s & iPad mini second gen

Ivano Bilenchi's Cydia Repository

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Evaded For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-11-03)

Working great for me installed on for iPad minis (2 first and 2 second gens), two iPhone 5c's, two 5s and a 6 with No issues

32. The Following User Says Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-11-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    If you updated without setup as new, than I do understand why you are having the problem. Even Pangu guys stated, that first you need to restore and setup as new, than jailbreak and at the end restore from backup. I prefer always to manually return all my apps back. Never had a problem with jailbreaking.
    Mourners will always morn even when thy don't follow simple instructions. I did a DFU restore and did setup as new and I have had no problems what so ever....simply put follow instructions.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limpfoot For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-11-03), oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-03)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast