Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Boosting Data Plans Next Week

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default AT&T Boosting Data Plans Next Week

If you're a smartphone data hog on the AT&T network, today (okay, maybe November 2nd, actually) is your lucky day.

Beginning this Sunday, AT&T is expanding its Mobile Share Value plan portfolio with the addition of two new plans that will likely be hugely popular with iPhone 6 owners.

"With two new plans," AT&T announced on its website today, "Weíre giving customers more data to share on two of our plans, so now you can get 3GB for $40 a month and 6GB for $70 a month (plus device access charges)."

If you're wondering (and you probably are), AT&T is even bringing to their plans unlimited talk and text. And, yes, the freshly unveiled plans are available to new and existing subscribers.

Additionally, AT&T says it is also extending the Double the Data offer for Mobile Share Plans of 15GB to 50GB. But the offer expires November 15th.

A full breakdown of the new plans and their benefits is available here.

Source: AT&T

And the 10gig users get the cold shoulder again...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to justinpotter81 For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2014-10-31)

Sounds like they're gonna lose the unlimited data lawsuit with the govt and want to get as much grandfathered customers off it as soon as possible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zon For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-11-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    And the 10gig users get the cold shoulder again...
    Call and complain, I managed to get 20gb data promo before they stopped offering it. Id say if ppl call and complain maybe they will re offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenius View Post
    Call and complain, I managed to get 20gb data promo before they stopped offering it. Id say if ppl call and complain maybe they will re offer it.
    These increase in data plans are an attempt by ATT to push their customers to ATT Next Plans.

For anyone with an older (Pre Feb 2014) plan, expect your plan to cost a lot more. We have 5 phones that we had on a MobileShare plan. We were paying the $40 per device plan, but were getting back $25/per device. When we upgraded 2 of the phones using the subsidy, the new phones were charged the full $40 per line - the only way to get it back was to sign up for Next. I guess that eventually as we upgrade phones we are slowly going to lose the discount, but I will likely also be looking to rid ourselves of a couple of lines when they come off contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Zon View Post
    Sounds like they're gonna lose the unlimited data lawsuit with the govt and want to get as much grandfathered customers off it as soon as possible.
    My thoughts exactly :-)

P.S. There are stories of AT&T customers calling to cancel service and the retention dept. then offering bonus data (at all levels) to get them to stay. Worth trying. Worst case scenario is they say no and you go to T-Mobile. Or would that be the best case scenario?!? ;-)
    Last edited by csglinux; 2014-11-01 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post
    These increase in data plans are an attempt by ATT to push their customers to ATT Next Plans.

For anyone with an older (Pre Feb 2014) plan, expect your plan to cost a lot more. We have 5 phones that we had on a MobileShare plan. We were paying the $40 per device plan, but were getting back $25/per device. When we upgraded 2 of the phones using the subsidy, the new phones were charged the full $40 per line - the only way to get it back was to sign up for Next. I guess that eventually as we upgrade phones we are slowly going to lose the discount, but I will likely also be looking to rid ourselves of a couple of lines when they come off contract.
    Uh that was always the deal, AT&T is not going to pay for your phone either way: look:
    I have a new IPhone 6 128gb
    I can trade an old Iphone 4 for 200
    I pay 35 a month on NEXT no upgrade fee or activation fee: I pay 15 a month for Family plan access

my real cost is 840-200 =640 for the phone

Old upgrade scheme
    399 plus 40 for upgrade fee so 439
    40-15= 25 25x24 months (2 yr contract) is 600 so the real cost is 1039 even with a 200 trade in its 839

Next is cheaper

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-11-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Little fuzzy math there, WHUDS.. Doesn't look like you factored in the monthly cost of paying down the phone on NEXT..

And what people fail to get about 2year contract versus NEXT.. Is that people ALWAYS save up for their phones then buy the phone outright on 2yr. My Christmas present each year from my family is $ for a new phone (I use either my wife's line or my own {contract renewal dates 1 year apart} to get a subsidized price yearly). That way - even with no $25 discount - for the rest of the year I'm always paying less than a person on NEXT. What matters to many, if not most of us, is monthly cost - not a "total outlay" figure that's inflated by adding the cost of the phone. We 2yr contract people never factor in "phone cost" because many of us get most of that by saving up or as a gift. I'll always do better on 2yr contract, MONTHLY OUTLAY-wise, than a person on NEXT and we always have a new phone with subsidized price every fall or every other fall.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-11-01 at 02:23 PM.

None of this applies if your on a 2yr contract, so **** att.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    ?? Has everything to do with it....

On another note... I find it AMAZING, yet again, that you have to ask for EVERYTHING... I JUST, on the last day of the last promotional offer - updated my Mobile Share Plan to the 15GB doubled to 30... And the rep never mentioned a single word about the Nov 1-Nov 15 promotion where the SAME price gets you 50GB per month.. Why does AT&T always make us be 'reactive' to them... Why, instead of TV commercials, don't they send a quick text saying.. "Hey.. new better plans for same $ available to you today!!"... Yeah.... HA!... like that'll ever happen... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    ?? Has everything to do with it....

On another note... I find it AMAZING, yet again, that you have to ask for EVERYTHING... I JUST, on the last day of the last promotional offer - updated my Mobile Share Plan to the 15GB doubled to 30... And the rep never mentioned a single word about the Nov 1-Nov 15 promotion where the SAME price gets you 50GB per month.. Why does AT&T always make us be 'reactive' to them... Why, instead of TV commercials, don't they send a quick text saying.. "Hey.. new better plans for same $ available to you today!!"... Yeah.... HA!... like that'll ever happen... LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Continuing to re-post the same misinformation doesn't make it any more correct, Hogcia.. lol... These deals ARE available to 2yr Contract AND NEXT plan folks. Wise up, bro..

I tried to call AT&T today. Spoke with 2 people. I believe the second person is retention. They wouldn't budge on my 10Gb plan, and only offered me the 15-upgraded-to-30Gb for $30/month more. I even told them that Verizon is now offering 15Gb at the 10Gb price ($100) and 10Gb at the 8Gb price ($80). And also they are offering $150 billing credit per line for new customers. Still no luck. Pieces-of-snit.

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    I tried to call AT&T today. Spoke with 2 people. I believe the second person is retention. They wouldn't budge on my 10Gb plan, and only offered me the 15-upgraded-to-30Gb for $30/month more. I even told them that Verizon is now offering 15Gb at the 10Gb price ($100) and 10Gb at the 8Gb price ($80). And also they are offering $150 billing credit per line for new customers. Still no luck. Pieces-of-snit.
    Told the same thing, customer since cingular days, this is normal AT&T behavior

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Told the same thing, customer since cingular days, this is normal AT&T behavior
    They give sprint a run for its money for worst customer service.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    They give sprint a run for its money for worst customer service.
    AT&T workers are victims too, They try unlike comcast

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    AT&T workers are victims too, They try unlike comcast
    I've had no dealings with comcast, but the truly worst customer service I've had to deal with is mediacom.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    Got 20 gb out of 10 gb plan in less than 2 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n549ufqo9...indow.pdf?dl=0

Said this before but US cell plans suck ***. UK ones are much better. £20 - unlimited talk and text and 3gb data on a single line. That's what? $32. You guys are getting screwed in the ***

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Got 20 gb out of 10 gb plan in less than 2 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n549ufqo9...indow.pdf?dl=0
    So that's how easy it is, Vinay? Damn, I will never pick up the phone again to call those corporate money sucking bastards....thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast