Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Boosting Data Plans Next Week

Default AT&T Boosting Data Plans Next Week
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Got 20 gb out of 10 gb plan in less than 2 minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n549ufqo9...indow.pdf?dl=0
    Just spent an hour on chat then they called me and they told me (AT&T) retention no it can't be done, I have 4 phones family since 2007 customer since 2000 Always paid on time

Added 2hours later: A second phone call after checking out TMobile
    I can get 4 lines one Unlimited data, lines 2-4 3gb LTE then 3g data no overages for 160 a month and they will give me 350 ETF for each line

When I talked to AT&T retention they tried to tell me TMobile not a good value. That I get more data with AT&T? Really? unlimited data plus 9gb and no overages? How is 10gb for 4 lines with $15 per 1gb overage better? lol

What to do? They would not give me anything to keep me.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 2014-11-03 at 01:52 AM.

I went to Att last week and was looking at the family share plan. Have an unlimited data and two other iPhones on separate data and an old flip phone. Since I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 that one phone would cost me 40 bucks a month and the other three 15. Plus the cost of the plan and it was 10 dollars cheaper total. I said forget it not worth messing around and if we need a new phone tack on another "fee" and it will be more then what we pay now. The rep even told me they are trying to get those old unlimited data plans gone, that's why they throttle. To "persuade" changing. That's from his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadw3 View Post
    I went to Att last week and was looking at the family share plan. Have an unlimited data and two other iPhones on separate data and an old flip phone. Since I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 that one phone would cost me 40 bucks a month and the other three 15. Plus the cost of the plan and it was 10 dollars cheaper total. I said forget it not worth messing around and if we need a new phone tack on another "fee" and it will be more then what we pay now. The rep even told me they are trying to get those old unlimited data plans gone, that's why they throttle. To "persuade" changing. That's from his mouth.
    Well your doing the math wrong, If you accepted the "upgrade" and not the next, your paying more for your phone than the next.

my Iphone 6 128gb
    next 35 a month or $840 at 24 months and 15 a month access

upgrade 399 plus 40 dollars upgrade fee is 439 plus 40 a month
    so what you are paying is
    439 and then 25 more a month for same plan
    thats 1039 total
    so 1039-840 is 199, you are paying 199 more than I will
    I saved an additional 200 trading in my iphone 4

No there is no math. Just checked my bill. I'm on the same plan I've had for 4 years. 700 minutes friends and family, messaging unlimited with unlimited data on one iPhone, three additional lines with 3 gigs data for one iPhone and 300 meg for 1 iPhone and a regular phone. I don't get the added fees unless I change plans.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Just spent an hour on chat then they called me and they told me (AT&T) retention no it can't be done, I have 4 phones family since 2007 customer since 2000 Always paid on time

Added 2hours later: A second phone call after checking out TMobile
    I can get 4 lines one Unlimited data, lines 2-4 3gb LTE then 3g data no overages for 160 a month and they will give me 350 ETF for each line

When I talked to AT&T retention they tried to tell me TMobile not a good value. That I get more data with AT&T? Really? unlimited data plus 9gb and no overages? How is 10gb for 4 lines with $15 per 1gb overage better? lol

What to do? They would not give me anything to keep me.
    Not sure what to tell you other than that try chat again. Be very polite (not assuming that you weren't) and hopefully you will get a rep that'll do it.

Good luck.

Not sure what to tell you other than that try chat again. Be very polite (not assuming that you weren't) and hopefully you will get a rep that'll do it.

Good luck.
    Yeah I tried but two retention reps on these calls said they are not allowed anymore. So the upgrades for 10gb are over. I just feel let down by AT&T

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I tried but two retention reps on these calls said they are not allowed anymore. So the upgrades for 10gb are over. I just feel let down by AT&T
    Join the dark side of prepaid... They offer better pricing and (usually) better customer service for the same coverage!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

I decided to gamble today and manually changed my 20 GB plan back to 10 GB on AT&T website just to see if I can go back to 20 GB by chatting again. Maybe I am just lucky but I was able to again get 20 GB for the price of 10 GB. This was at 3 PM EST on 11/3/2014. See chat transcript. This time it did take me about 15 minutes as the chat line was busy and I had to wait for a long time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1eqyj8bqh...indow.pdf?dl=0

I decided to gamble today and manually changed my 20 GB plan back to 10 GB on AT&T website just to see if I can go back to 20 GB by chatting again. Maybe I am just lucky but I was able to again get 20 GB for the price of 10 GB. This was at 3 PM EST on 11/3/2014. See chat transcript. This time it did take me about 15 minutes as the chat line was busy and I had to wait for a long time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1eqyj8bqh...indow.pdf?dl=0
    Well done sir, you are really skilled at Jedi mind tricks. I think it has something to do with your smiley faces😉

Retentions won't do it for me, they even cut the chat off early, saying it ended on October 23....

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

The deal ended Oct31. I changed to the 15-->30GB Mobile Share ON 10/31 for $30 more a mo. No prob. And they're changing the 30GB to 50 if you ask them until 11/15.

And I think we might be "getting played" by the guy posting PDFs of chat windows of his getting deals others can't. Sooo easy to Photoshop a chat session like that. No proof at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The deal ended Oct31. I changed to the 15-->30GB Mobile Share ON 10/31 for $30 more a mo. No prob. And they're changing the 30GB to 50 if you ask them until 11/15.

And I think we might be "getting played" by the guy posting PDFs of chat windows of his getting deals others can't. Sooo easy to Photoshop a chat session like that. No proof at all.
    I'm not that tech savvy and don't even have photoshop. Was just trying to help. The PDF is not altered in any way. All I'm saying is that if you ask nicely and you get the right person and your account history is clean and long, they will add the plan.

I'm not that tech savvy and don't even have photoshop. Was just trying to help. The PDF is not altered in any way. All I'm saying is that if you ask nicely and you get the right person and your account history is clean and long, they will add the plan.
    I talked to retentions, supervisors, used your dialect to the T and they werent budging(all via message), and I've been a customer for 9 years. I even told them a friend just got the promo today😉I think since your original call was within the promo, they were able to add it back on easily....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    I talked to retentions, supervisors, used your dialect to the T and they werent budging(all via message), and I've been a customer for 9 years. I even told them a friend just got the promo today😉I think since your original call was within the promo, they were able to add it back on easily....
    That could very well be that my original call was within the promo. By the way, did you chat or call? If you chatted, maybe you can use my first chat, change my name to yours using Photoshop (I'm not sure how to do that) and tell the chat rep that hey you chatted a week ago and they said will do it but it's still not showing up.

Just a thought.

Talked to the office of the President of At&t today, per them, there is no way to get the 20gb deal once you change plans, they swore its a lie. They lead me to believe they are pretty upset as I am too. I could not get it, I have to pay more money to cover my need for about 5gb more between 4 people because we had 10gb and found its just not enough. Its only 2.5gb a person and honestly its not enough with Iphones. 20gb would have been perfect but I was told NO the last 4 days. No matter what.

So will I stay with At&t? Time will tell for now I'm not switching but what I have been subjected to is wrong:

On the "Help Forums" At&t FAN BOYS telling me how poor Verizon, Tmobile and Sprint are.

How these FanBoys ( WHo are not supposed to work for At&t) did get the free upgrade ( just about admitted to lying to get it since they are in love with At&t) but I should not because of some twisted logic they have.

Retention told me by 3 different people, they cannot give it to me, I'm valued and they want me to stay, so to be happy they can increase my data to 30gb for $30 more a month................................

So either people here are lying or At&t, including the office of the president, is lying.......................

Retention did give me something BTW, I will not post it here, these things have already cost me days of calls and do not think it will help anyone else.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 2014-11-05 at 03:42 AM.

I will be switching to T-Mobile, I've heard good things about their infrastructure upgrading. Ahh, who am I kidding I'll just continue to get my wallet squeezed by AT&T, ignorance is bliss...

Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
    I will be switching to T-Mobile, I've heard good things about their infrastructure upgrading. Ahh, who am I kidding I'll just continue to get my wallet squeezed by AT&T, ignorance is bliss...
    Still don't know if I will switch, giving it a month now to see how I feel.

Maybe more AT&T abuse lol

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

I'm not even sure there was ever a promo for "free" 20GB at the 10GB rate per month. Sounds off to me. The deal that was widely advertised was the move to 15GB for $30 more a month that they then doubled to 30GB. That's the deal that ended 10/31/14. Can't get it anymore. Now what we CAN get until 11/15 is getting 50GB for the 30GB price on Family Share - IF we recently upgraded to the 30GB deal. Just call in and ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12