Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make iOS 8's Battery Usage Information More Informative With 'DetailedBatteryUsage'

Default Make iOS 8's Battery Usage Information More Informative With 'DetailedBatteryUsage'

Apple includes a new feature in called battery usage in iOS 8 that lets you see what your most power-hungry applications are. Unfortunately, all it shows you is a boring little percentage that tells you what applications are using the most energy. That's it. No useful graph showing the application's usage or time, no broken down details about what the application is using. Nothing like that.

Here to fix that is a new free jailbreak tweak called DetailedBatteryUsage by iOS developer Hamza Sood. This tweak will officially make your iOS 8 battery usage information show more information so that you can really break down what applications are using the most power on your iOS 8 device and why.

The tweak makes the Settings application show a graph of the application's usage over time, as well as total battery drain information, active usage time, and background usage time. When you tap on individual applications to see even more information, you will see things such as the amount of energy used in mWh, amount of CPU energy used, amount of display energy used, amount of Wi-Fi energy used, and much more.

With this information broken down to you in such detail, you can finally now see what these applications are doing that is using so much of your valued battery life. It's honestly a huge improvement over what Apple has already implemented in iOS 8.

If you want to give DetailedBatteryUsage a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak does require iOS 8.0 or later or be installed. There are no options to configure. Everything you need can be found under Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage.

Name: DetailedBatteryUsage
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hamza Sood
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

It's weird that since I've jailbroken my battery life has been awful. Today only left my phone off the charger for 30 mins and it went from full to now 61%. Never had this problem until now. It must be a tweak I have installed

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    It's weird that since I've jailbroken my battery life has been awful. Today only left my phone off the charger for 30 mins and it went from full to now 61%. Never had this problem until now. It must be a tweak I have installed
    My iPhone 5 is doing the same thing.

Thanks

JB'ing almost always does that...maybe not necessarily the JB itself, but a JB app or tweak...do the normal...remove stuff 1 by 1 to see what it is...maybe just start over with just JB no tweaks...then add 1 by 1...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-01)

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    JB'ing almost always does that...maybe not necessarily the JB itself, but a JB app or tweak...do the normal...remove stuff 1 by 1 to see what it is...maybe just start over with just JB no tweaks...then add 1 by 1...
    My iPhone 5 is my review device, and by nature it has nothing installed on it to prevent unnecessary conflicts while testing. The battery drops like a lead brick when respringing concurrently, one time after another.

Many people are having this issue. The nature of a jailbreak.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-11-01)

Thanks

Wow...that's unfortunate...I just can't bring myself to JB my 5...it works well without it...

Thanks

While reading the article, I was thinking it would be a trip if the battery life is seriously affected by this tweak... Wonder if the tweak could show you how much battery life is being drained by the tweak itself...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    While reading the article, I was thinking it would be a trip if the battery life is seriously affected by this tweak... Wonder if the tweak could show you how much battery life is being drained by the tweak itself...
    Well, that's why I said what I said...I was thinking the same thing. But if I read Anthony right, he said JB only with no tweaks... I take that as the JB itself is the drainer... Anthony, did I understand u correctly?...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-01)

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    My iPhone 5 is doing the same thing.
    My iPhone 5 was doing the same thing. Install "top" from Cydia and ssh into the device (or install an updated mobileTerminal for iOS 8, theres one around) and run "top -u". Check to see if launchctl is hogging up cpu cycles. Mine was taking up around 50% at all times. I found a tip that said to disable the backup and logging daemons using iCleaner Pro but that wasn't 100% percent reliable for me. The only sure-fire way to fix it was to reboot until launchctl wasn't hogging cpu. Sometimes it takes me a few tries.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    My iPhone 5 is my review device, and by nature it has nothing installed on it to prevent unnecessary conflicts while testing. The battery drops like a lead brick when respringing concurrently, one time after another.

Many people are having this issue. The nature of a jailbreak.
    Left my Iphone 5 run for 14 hours today Jailbroken IOS 8.1, when I went to check it was at 94%, I did not touch it for the 14 hours today

Wished it'd still show usage since last full charge