Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Team: English Tool With Cydia Bundled in is Coming Within 24 Hours

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team: English Tool With Cydia Bundled in is Coming Within 24 Hours

On Thursday, the Pangu Jailbreak Team took to Twitter to announce that an updated version of the Pangu jailbreak tool (version 1.1) would be released to the public some time within the next 24 hours.

The new version of the tool will bring official English support to the application for Windows users, and will officially bundle Cydia into the jailbreak automatically so that users will no longer be required to install Cydia manually via SSH with SFTP applications such as CyberDuck.

Unfortunately at this point in time, the tool will remain Windows-only. A Mac OS X version of the tool isn't expected until far in the future.

The great news is that Saurik has been able to update Cydia Installer so that it will finally work on devices that are passcode or Touch ID protected without sending those devices into a boot loop. The Pangu Jailbreak Team has also managed to make it so that their Pangu application on any jailbroken iOS 8 device can install or update Cydia when the user wants to, making it easier than ever for those that want to install Cydia before the updated tool is out.

The best thing that those waiting to jailbreak can do right now is just wait for the updated tool. On the other hand, if you're just antsy and want to go ahead and jailbreak your iOS 8 device(s) right now, there's really nothing stopping you since most of the major bugs have already been squashed.

Sources: Pangu

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-10-31), hopethemodworx (2014-10-31), Jahooba (2014-10-31), menard_00 (2014-10-31), novadam (2014-10-31), therandy (2014-10-31)

I've been MIA from this site for a while since the last jailbreak. Everyone was saying an ios 8 jailbreak wouldn't come anytime soon or until maybe sometime next year if at all. Are you saying this is an official jailbreak for ios 8 and I can update my phone now? . So soon?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TwinSouls For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-10-31), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems that way

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    I've been MIA from this site for a while since the last jailbreak. Everyone was saying an ios 8 jailbreak wouldn't come anytime soon or until maybe sometime next year if at all. Are you saying this is an official jailbreak for ios 8 and I can update my phone now? . So soon?
    Yes, this team is efficient. The first versions weren't stable though

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    Yes it is and you can. Or wait until tomorrow for an easier version of it to install.

The Chinese version with cydia bundled is already released. Passcodes and Touch ID works. Everything good. I got done jail breaking about an hour ago. Go to pangu.io and download the top version.

This is great news. A World Series parade for the Giants and a possible jailbreak on the same day. Life is good.

Thanks to everyone involved for their hard work on the jailbreak and especially to Saurik for updating Cydia while travelling.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mgmm1 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-10-31)

Would we say this is now stable and safe enough to jailbreak our main devices (for me a 6+)?

Everything has been fine on the Chinese version on mine for days now.. 6+ 64GB

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Has the issue with tweaks not showing up been resolved?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

This must be a very good weekend for me. Jailbreaking time!

I always laugh when I read an Apple jailbreak is Windows only
    :-)..... Hope the Mac version is out someday..... I got an iPhone because
    I don't have any Windows products.....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyeking69 For This Useful Post:

Dark_Ninja (2014-10-31), magoo657 (2014-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by skyeking69 View Post
    You can also run Windows via a Virtual Machine.

Is a full restore needed or can it be jailbroken on an updated 8.1 device?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_2 View Post
    Is a full restore needed or can it be jailbroken on an updated 8.1 device?
    Not an OTA updated device and full DFU is recommended

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Default Pangu Jailbreak Team: English Tool With Cydia Bundled in is Coming Within 24 ...
    Should I wait til I get my 6 in less than a month or should I update my 5s running 7.1.2 jailbreak and re-jailbreak it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 674 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Has the issue with tweaks not showing up been resolved?
    I still have to restring on some of them!
    Later,@hip5

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hip5 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-31)

Thanks

Default Exactly!
    I would think that a Mac JB would come first but I imagine that the windows exploits are easier to use. That being said, it's taking EVERYTHING I have not to JB from my work computer but if I get a virus on it, my IT department will crucify me. I only want a JB to have the iWatch interface on my iP6+.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fender For This Useful Post:

stolenpentium (2014-10-31)

Thanks

I know right? Me too. Where will I ever find a Windows PC I can use for five minutes to jailbreak my phone? Oh wait... there's the office, my aunt Jenny, the public library,..

Maybe the Pangu team that the developed the jailbreak by donating their time and energy to release this for us only have Windows PCs? Go buy them a new MacBook and donate to them, i'm sure they would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I would think that a Mac JB would come first but I imagine that the windows exploits are easier to use. That being said, it's taking EVERYTHING I have not to JB from my work computer but if I get a virus on it, my IT department will crucify me. I only want a JB to have the iWatch interface on my iP6+.
    They're using exploits on your iOS device, not Windows. So the fact that they have a Windows version before a Mac OS X version is irrelevant to the matter that a Mac OS X version is not available yet.

The reason for the lack of a Mac OS X version is because the lead team behind Pangu works on Windows machines. They make a Mac OS X on their leisure time when they have assistance from people that can code for Mac OS X machines.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-10-31), thazsar (2014-10-31)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast