Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Installer for iOS 8 to Officially Stop the Passcode Bugs

Default Saurik Updates Cydia Installer for iOS 8 to Officially Stop the Passcode Bugs

On Thursday, Saurik released a major update to the Cydia installer for iOS 8. The latest version, 1.1.15, officially fixes the problems that users were having with having a passcode or Touch ID enabled on a device that was jailbroken with Pangu for iOS 8. The problem involved causing a boot loop to occur on the device that was jailbroken.

With the latest version of Cydia Installer, devices should no longer go into a boot loop when passcode or Touch ID is enabled on the device, which means jailbreakers can go back to feeling nice and secure with their newly jailbroken iOS 8 devices.

If you had modified your device using a non-recommended home-brew fix so that you could run Cydia and a passcode or Touch ID without the boot loop prior to today's update, Saurik recommends that you restore your device, re-jailbreak, and then install the latest version of Cydia Installer to prevent any conflicts or problems in the future, as they're unsupported.

The latest version of Cydia also includes multitasking support on iOS 8, meaning that it can finally run in the background like any other application in iOS. Cydia will also block pop-ups that take you to other applications without your consent from accidentally tapping on ads. Other improvements with video playing, localization, and queue status have also been implemented.

At this point in time, Pangu still does not automatically bundle Cydia with the jailbreak. Users still have to manually install the third-party application and extension store themselves to get all of the features of their jailbreak.

If you have been wanting to jailbreak your iOS 8 device, there is now officially nothing from stopping you from having a stable jailbreak.

We will continue to keep you updated, so stay tuned!

I just jailbroke my 6+ this morning so now I have to re-jailbreak? There won't be an update in Cydia itself??

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I just jailbroke my 6+ this morning so now I have to re-jailbreak? There won't be an update in Cydia itself??
    The only reason you would need to re-jailbreak is IF you installed a patch on your device to enable the passcode to stop the boot-loop.

In other words... if you did this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html

Then you should restore and re-jailbreak.

If you did not install that patch, there is no reason to restore and re-jailbreak. Just update Cydia Installer and you're good.

Cool thanks I didn't realize I already updated to the latest update. Thanks for the quick reply.

Green Apple
    Thanks

did not work for me, was still stuck in reboot loop

is safari bug fixed? my page keeps on auto refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminme View Post
    is safari bug fixed? my page keeps on auto refreshing
    Install Chrome jk

I don't use Safari so I never had that problem.. but I did just try Safari and it seems to be just fine.

Where do I go on the Pangu app to install Cydia

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cellswapinc View Post
    Where do I go on the Pangu app to install Cydia
    The giant button at the top that says, "Install Cydia."

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Mines don't have it

Thanks

Hmm... Perhaps try to update Pangu. There should be a round arrow in the top right corner. Tap that and see if Pangu has an update.

......beware......

When I tap it it just blinks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cellswapinc View Post
    When I tap it it just blinks
    Sounds like you may need to restore and re-jailbreak... Unless someone else has another suggestion that's all I can think of.

......beware......

I'll try that real quick