Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BlackBerry Classic' is the Latest Answer to Apple's iPhone 6

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default 'BlackBerry Classic' is the Latest Answer to Apple's iPhone 6

BlackBerry is back (we've heard that before). They're back with a new device to challenge iPhone (we've also heard that before). And this time... they're readily admitting the device goes backward rather than forward (okay, that's a new one).

On Wednesday, BlackBerry didn't reinvent the wheel. It showed us the wheel as we've always known it -- and perhaps always preferred it, at least in the realm of BlackBerry handsets. Meet BlackBerry Classic, the company's new old-school smartphone.

In a blog post Wednesday, the company told current and prospective customers thereís "something to be said for the classic adage, if it ainít broke donít fix it."

BlackBerry says its new "Classic" reflects that belief. "It is classic BlackBerry Ė complete with a top row of navigation keys and a trackpad," the Canadian smartphone maker explains. "Itís the device that has always felt right in your hands and always felt right in your busy day."

For now, we don't know the specs, price, or release date. But BlackBerry is getting back to basics with Classic. Now, the only question is whether that which is old can truly become new -- and trendy -- again with BlackBerry's newest smartphone. Only time will tell.

Source: BlackBerry

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Now, the only question is whether that which is old can truly become new -- and trendy -- again with BlackBerry's newest smartphone. Only time will tell.
    No.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

aceestes (2014-10-30), HovikGas (2014-10-30), novadam (2014-10-30), oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-30), Rcworship (2014-10-30)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

LOL Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-30), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-30)

I don't wish any company or anyone anything bad and this is not the case, but if there's a company that deserves to die is them. My god how can they be so damn stubborn??? Geez

Hey if it wasn't for my blackberry I rocked for all those years I wouldn't have this 24.00 unlimited data plan still through AT&T. "Unlimited Blackberry Data plan"

My god, how innovative!! Sounds more like a soda flavor to me. Innovate or die.

My god when will they learn. Beating a dead horse

Blackberry... YOU ARE SO DUMB! Aren't these guys supposed to be smart? They design phones....... From 6 years ago. Get with it blackberry. Going "back to basics" will not help you. At all. I mean it. People want something new. Not a built in keypad on their phones. Touchscreen was invented. Get with the damn program!

(This ended up being way longer than expected. Oops.)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jp79194 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2014-10-31)

Can everyone read my stupid comment lol
    Kim karkashie did I spell her stupid name correct? Fucks no I don't care, but anyways she wants the bold to return .. Why I don't know... Why I'm I writing this comment .. Idk ... But true story she's stupid! I lover her butt

Quote Originally Posted by jp79194 View Post
    Blackberry... YOU ARE SO DUMB! Aren't these guys supposed to be smart? They design phones....... From 6 years ago. Get with it blackberry. Going "back to basics" will not help you. At all. I mean it. People want something new. Not a built in keypad on their phones. Touchscreen was invented. Get with the damn program!

(This ended up being way longer than expected. Oops.)
    The "Get in Get out" simple Windows 8 phone worked and out sold Iphone.......Right? Oh It didn't? it failed? So guess Blackberry didn't learn anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    LOL Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel
    Ha no kidding.

"What are we going to do with all these barrels of keyboard buttons around here?"

"Well, let's slap some of them in some phones."

"But nobody wants a physical keyboard anymore. They all want big screens and intuitive software."

"Then sell as many as you can to the die hards and old guys who are afraid of change and recycle the rest."

This is a last gasp before Microsoft buys them and shutters the brand.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I would rather have Motorola remake this phone from my past. At least it was useful...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think this is a good move by RIM. Classic is sometimes good, like the iPod Classic which I still prefer over any other MP3 player.
    There are a lot of people out there who just don't like touch keyboards, and who don't care for bigger and bigger screens. I think this product could be the answer that a lot of people have been waiting for. I think it could do for RIM, what the Q10 and passport didn't. It can lure some of those more conservative Blackberry Bold customers back. Of course this thing won't make Blackberry top dog, but it might be able to them in business, and as long as they're still in business, they still have the opertunity to do something cool... If they're up to it :P

This will be a good move for Blackberry... we're used to touch screens, but there are many people who prefer a physical keyboard. On various days, I'm one of them. I think that Classic and (fugly) Passport will be big for them. Not iPhone or Galaxy/Nexus/whatever else big, but big enough to satisfy their user base. Maybe even get a few converts.

Remember, there IS a market outside of "Americans, age 18-24", which is what we tend to think everything revolves around. Blackberry is still popular around the world for business and security (despite articles claiming otherwise, we - DoD - still issue BBs as official handsets), and there is a big segment that just loves those phones.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

SpottedBilagaana (2014-10-30)

Now, the only question is whether that which is old can truly become new -- and trendy -- again with BlackBerry's newest smartphone.
    Blackberry is expanding into the hipster market.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozelito617 View Post
    Can everyone read my stupid comment lol
    Kim karkashie did I spell her stupid name correct? Fucks no I don't care, but anyways she wants the bold to return .. Why I don't know... Why I'm I writing this comment .. Idk ... But true story she's stupid! I lover her butt
    Dude, in the future, just say no.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to flash66 For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-30)

I don't see a problem with this. Businesses like their Blackberries. iPhones run out of juice too fast (and no removable battery) and Android is about as secure as a house with no doors.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

SpottedBilagaana (2014-10-30)

Yes remove battery to reset....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 2014-10-30 at 04:10 PM.

I can see how some people might like having the physical keyboard. And BlackBerries were very popular with attorneys, who aren't big on technology anyway. Is the screen at least a touchscreen? Having never used a BlackBerry myself, I wouldn't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast