Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Revealed Numbers at WSJD Live Global Technology Conference

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Revealed Numbers at WSJD Live Global Technology Conference

Apple CEO Tim Cook recently had a live interview at the Wall Street Journal Digital Conference and confirmed that after the Apple Pay launch, more than 1 million activations were received within the first 72 hours. This is great news for Apple as that number is extremely successful. Along with revealing the number of activations, Cook also stated that Apple Pay may even be bigger than Google Wallet and other competitor mobile payment platforms.

More than 220,000 retail stores in the U.S. had supported the company’s new mobile payment system upon launch day. Apple previously noted as well that the launch was highly successful and positive, even though some major retail stores refused to use the system. The Cupertino-based company always used the safety and security of Apple Pay as the selling point to many users with the use of the A8 chip and Touch ID.

You are only relevant as a retailer or merchant if your customers love you,” he said. “It’s the first and only mobile payment system that’s easy, private and secure.
    Source: The Wall Street Journal
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-10-28 at 06:52 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

digerman (2014-10-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

I activated my Wells Fargo debit card already but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. I really wish more retailers would start using it.

I already use my AMEX using Apple Pay at Whole Foods and it's quick and easy. Oh & no double charge

I wonder how many activations when AT&T gets the phones in people's hands