Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shazam Gets Updated With a New Charts Page, iOS 8 Features, New Layout, and More

Default Shazam Gets Updated With a New Charts Page, iOS 8 Features, New Layout, and More

The popular Shazam music-tagging application for iOS has received an update on Tuesday, bringing the application up to version 8.0.0. The latest version of the application is now available to all iOS App Store users.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam
    News just got a whole new look. We've improved your personalized app News feed to make it even easier to see more from artists you've Shazamed - like new tracks and exclusive videos - and to find out what your friends have been jamming to on Shazam.
    Shazam has been given a variety of new features with this update, with one of the most important being a new page in the application that is dedicated to charts so that you can see the popular tracks that are being tagged around you. The feature can be found from your news feed in the application and it uses statistics all around the world to give you the information you want to see.

Additionally, those on iOS 8 will be able to enjoy the improvements to the Auto Shazam feature, which can now tag music without you ever needing to open the Shazam application thanks to the new notification features in iOS 8.

The company also notes that the application has been given a brand new track list layout so that you can now see more than ever before on a single page, and they've also turned on music previews so that you can listen to a preview of a song that you've recently tagged.

Unfortunately, this update does not include an updated resolution for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus retina HD displays, which is unfortunate to say the least.

Existing users of the Shazam or Shazam Encore applications will find this update under the Updates tab in the App Store application for iOS. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Shazam for free from this App Store link or the latest version of Shazam Encore for $6.99 from this App Store link.

Notably, Siri in iOS 8 now comes with the ability to tag music through the Shazam service.

Sources: App Store

Certified KeyboardSmasher Rakim's Avatar
    In Texas behind your computer desk tryin to fix what you have broken!!
    Thanks

Hmmph I've been stewing over this since I started getting notifications about no longer receiving updates for my SHAZAM (RED).. I bought it during a charity run shazam did during the time U2 and everyone else was "going red" for Aids awareness and elimination in Africa...

And now I get no new updates and I'm being forced to buy the new app @ full price if I want it.... It's ONLY $7.00 but damn SHAZAM where's the benefits/rewards for customer loyalty?!?

Free upgrade???
    Discount even??

**side note**
    Jumping over to App Store to lodge a legitimate complaint where it should be.

WELL couldn't make complaint because apparently owning shazam red which is no longer in the App Store doesn't grant me the right to review shazam blue/encore

Boo on you Shazam
    Booooooooo on you!!
    Last edited by Rakim; 2014-10-29 at 12:47 AM.
    Yes Sir.... I "know" you "didn't visit THOSE Kinds of sites" to make your Computer pop up those FILTHY images....
    **As I conduct an emergency disinfect of the "Family PC" Before his wife returns home.**