Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone Now Leads Samsung's Smartphone Sales in South Korea

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple's iPhone Now Leads Samsung's Smartphone Sales in South Korea

In sports, it hurts to lose on your home court. In politics, it hurts to lose your hometown. And in technology, it really hurts to lose your home country to a foreign power.

But that's the sting of battle that is being felt today at Samsung. The latest industry data out Monday shows that Apple's new iPhone 6 is walloping the competing Samsung smartphones even inside of the South Korean market.

All told, presales for the Galaxy Note 4 are believed to be selling at half the rate of new iPhones in Samsung territory.

On Friday, the country’s three mobile carriers began taking orders for both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. In less than an hour, the carriers reported that orders had reached tens of thousands, outpacing the rate reported for Samsung Electronics Co.’s Galaxy Note 4 model at its launch here in September.
    Amazingly, KT Corp. confirms that iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus models saw 10,000 orders in one minute. That jumped to 50,000 orders within 30 mines. The new devices will be in South Korean consumer's hands this weekend.

"With Apple piggybacking on Samsung’s large-screen strategy, there are concerns that Samsung will lose its only advantage, which has been its large screen sizes,” Lee Seung-woo, an analyst with IBK Securities in Seoul, is quoted by the WSJ.

Source: WSJ

Since there are very little hard numbers but a lot of "believed to be" and "estimate" Im gonna say this article holds very little value.

is that because they all have Samsungs and are now just buying iPhones, duh. How is the iPhone doing compared to the Chinese Huawei phones?

had to happen. samsung phones are good... but not tthat good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kalpesh78 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2014-10-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Typo. 2nd to last paragraph reads "30 mines." I'm sure you meant "minutes". How awkward would that be working in a mine and trying to order 50,000 iPhones at the same time. :P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbauerctu For This Useful Post:

Dark_Ninja (2014-10-28)

I wonder why the Note 4 is not doing as good considering it having a metal frame and a far superior display and camera. I guess I'll have to accept the fact that no matter how crappy the iPhone is, Apple rules the world and no other manufacturer will ever change that no matter how much innovation is implemented. Even if tomorrow Samsung releases a holographic phones, Apple will still have a much higher sale. In a sense Apple has no competition and that is the reason for their lack of innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I wonder why the Note 4 is not doing as good considering it having a metal frame and a far superior display and camera. I guess I'll have to accept the fact that no matter how crappy the iPhone is, Apple rules the world and no other manufacturer will ever change that no matter how much innovation is implemented. Even if tomorrow Samsung releases a holographic phones, Apple will still have a much higher sale. In a sense Apple has no competition and that is the reason for their lack of innovation.
    Or maybe people just like using their products

Default Apple's iPhone Now Leads Samsung's Smartphone Sales in South Korea
    Bigger screen was a huge reason for ppl to chose android over iPhone but now what do they really have going for them selves ???? #dont see ppl camping out for Galaxy note

Thanks

iPhone has dominated cause of its simplistic use. My child can wield my iPhone and iPad and she is only 17 months old. She knows exactly now to power on and navigate as needed. The OS is why Apple reigns supreme. Look at the copy cats and how they may lead for a moment but always claim the back of the line in the end. Keep up the great work Apple.

Thanks

iPhone has dominated cause of its simplistic use. My child can wield my iPhone and iPad and she is only 17 months old. She knows exactly now to power on and navigate as needed. The OS is why Apple reigns supreme. Look at the copy cats and how they may lead for a moment but always claim the back of the line in the end. Keep up the great work Apple.