Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

On Monday, the Pangu jailbreak team released an update for its untether package for the iOS 8.x untethered jailbreak. The update is available from the blue Pangu application that users who have jailbroken with Pangu for iOS 8.x have on their Home Screen:

Just open the application and head over to the Manager tab to find your update, download it, and install it.

The updated package fixes the problems users were reporting with iMessage not working and Mobile Safari crashing all the time. It also fixes the problem with Cydia Substrate that made it so users needed to perform a respring (killall backboardd) every time they would reboot their device, as Saurik noted when he released Cydia Substrate for iOS 8.x.

The Pangu jailbreak team is still working hard on releasing an English version of its iOS 8.x jailbreaking tool for Windows with Cydia bundled into the jailbreak. The new version of the jailbreak tool, which has yet to be released, is expected to include these bug fixes out of the box.

At this point in time, users still need to install Cydia manually after jailbreaking with Pangu for iOS 8.x (here's a guide on how to do that). If you're interested in how to jailbreak using Pangu for iOS 8.x, you can read our guide at this link.

Update: A quick note from Pangu. If you're having any SpringBoard crashing problems after updating to the latest version of the Pangu untether, you will need to hard-reboot your device and power up while pressing on the volume up button to enter a state where no jailbreak extensions are usable. From here, you can uninstall tweaks that are not compatible, then reboot, and your issue should be fixed:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-27 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Pangu announcement added

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (2014-10-28), Simon (2014-10-27)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    So will this come updated if I jailbreak today or will I still need to do this?

Edit: Does this fix the passcode/touch id bug?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

ooh, do I dare try it lol. Nothing on the passcode causing bootloop when rebooting yet huh (other than the manual fix which requires a restore)?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    So will this come updated if I jailbreak today or will I still need to do this?

Edit: Does this fix the passcode/touch id bug?
    It won't come updated until Pangu updates their jailbreak tool.

And no, it doesn't yet, unfortunately.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-10-27), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-27)

Thanks

Worked out just fine for me. I had already applied to fix for the passcode bug so I can't report on that bro. Everything else is working fine tho, I can reboot without having to respring afterwards.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-10-27), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-27), thazsar (2014-10-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Worked out just fine for me. I had already applied to fix for the passcode bug so I can't report on that bro. Everything else is working fine tho, I can reboot without having to respring afterwards.
    How did you fix the passcode bug?

When cydia is bundled in do you think we can just upgrade the jailbreak from the pangu app on the homescreen? I've been reluctant to installing cydia manually since it looks like too much trouble

anyone else is experiencing issues when downloading apps from the app store not showing up on the homescreen?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ezlnh8u For This Useful Post:

abbdc1 (2014-10-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    When cydia is bundled in do you think we can just upgrade the jailbreak from the pangu app on the homescreen? I've been reluctant to installing cydia manually since it looks like too much trouble
    http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html

......beware......

Quote Originally Posted by mexchorizo View Post
    How did you fix the passcode bug?

>> Follow this
    Pangu8 Bootloop Fix: do not open Cydia until you have done this! [Updated]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

mlee19841 (2014-10-29), oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-28), stolenpentium (2014-10-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    ooh, do I dare try it lol. Nothing on the passcode causing bootloop when rebooting yet huh (other than the manual fix which requires a restore)?
    Somebody posted this guide a few days back and it completey fixes the issuie with having a passcode and rebooting.

http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ml#post7160965

Thanks

The boot loop fix is really simple, I found it on reddit the other day and shared it in a thread and someone did a write up on it. It works just fine, been solid ever since.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

studderman (2014-10-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Everybody just wait like a week so u can just plug in jailbreak and done. No problems no freezing I mean it came out quick we should have waited a couple more months like usual I'm sure a week or 2 until everything works fine won't kill you

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy pants For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-28), stolenpentium (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post
    anyone else is experiencing issues when downloading apps from the app store not showing up on the homescreen?
    Yes, I've been having problems with the AppStore in general. Apps won't download at all, or they'll look like they're downloading and then not show up until a couple of resprings later… weird stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy pants View Post
    Everybody just wait like a week so u can just plug in jailbreak and done. No problems no freezing I mean it came out quick we should have waited a couple more months like usual I'm sure a week or 2 until everything works fine won't kill you
    Rather not thanks. Everything is working fine right now. If you can't handle it that's up don't you, don't go raining on everyone else's parade

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Yes, I've been having problems with the AppStore in general. Apps won't download at all, or they'll look like they're downloading and then not show up until a couple of resprings later… weird stuff lol

Rather not thanks. Everything is working fine right now. If you can't handle it that's up don't you, don't go ruining everyone else's day
    I personally find that kinda funny. "Yeah, I'm having that problem too. No, I have no problems"

......beware......

Thanks

Lol I hardly call having to respring a couple times a reason not to jailbreak, but to each their own. Like I said, if you can't handle it, that's up to you...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-27)

Thanks

no problems here find my iphone is on and lockscreen passcode on fingerprint on no safari crashes all working just fine. but this update doent fix det respring problem it is still on my 6 plus 8.1

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-27)

Default We like headaches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.
    We all like being involved and tinkering. Otherwise, we're just impatient! It's like installing the beta of OS X. In some cases we can offer our input in terms of bugs and software usability issues. Oh! And we want to be the first!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-27), therandy (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    We all like being involved and tinkering. Otherwise, we're just impatient! It's like installing the beta of OS X. In some cases we can offer our input in terms of bugs and software usability issues. Oh! And we want to be the first!
    Haha exactly, had Yosemite on my Hackintosh since DP1 lol if we didn't love to tinker, we wouldn't be here!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-27), therandy (2014-10-28)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast