Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

To those having to reboot into safe mode. An easy way out is to go into Cydia;

Go to installed, Cydia Substrate, modify, reinstall, continue queuing. DON'T RESPRING YET! Now go back into installed. Find 'Substrate Safe Mode', hit modify, reinstall, confirm. Now respring and everything should be good to go.

Hope this helps some people

Thanks

Good to go for good? Or what? I don't understand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Good to go for good? Or what? I don't understand.

I was stuck in safe mode. SummerBoard toggle on/off respring wasn't kicking me out of safe mode. What I explained up there got me out of safe mode without having to reboot and hoping I'd get past the black screen, which I couldn't without booting into safe mode. Doing what I said ^^ bypassed all that.

Holy how many times did I just say safe mode, safe mode

Thanks

Lol I know but I just don't understand how you got stuck in safe mode without already having rebooted.

Basically the process for me is this: after rebooting, I have to force safe boot with the volume up key. Then I go into Cydia and reinstall Substrate, and it kicks me outta safe mode and all is well from there on out.

I never go into safe mode without having first rebooted. That's what I didn't understand.

Thanks

Lol I know but I just don't understand how you got stuck in safe mode without already having rebooted.

Basically the process for me is this: after rebooting, I have to force safe boot with the volume up key. Then I go into Cydia and reinstall Substrate, and it kicks me outta safe mode and all is well from there on out.

I never go into safe mode without having first rebooted. That's what I didn't understand.
    Ohhh yeah bro I did reboot before lol. I was trying to get Flex 2 to work. I rebooted. Black screen. So I had to volume up/boot. I Reinstalled Cydia Substrate, but it did nothing. Not even a respring. So I tried both Cydia Substrate and Safe Mode Substrate and it worked.

Thanks

So after you gave me that tip, I figured out the easiest and fastest way to install Cydia apps is to go ahead and install it, wait til it tells you "restart springboard" at the bottom, double tap outta Cydia and into WB, and reprint there. Boom, done all in one respring.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28), NewD (2014-10-28)

Thanks

So after you gave me that tip, I figured out the easiest and fastest way to install Cydia apps is to go ahead and install it, wait til it tells you "restart springboard" at the bottom, double tap outta Cydia and into WB, and reprint there. Boom, done all in one respring.
    Nice. i'll try that next time.

Thanks

I can't find the AppStore Applications folder anywhere. I found the system apps but I dunno. I think I'm losing it lol

Thanks

I can't find the AppStore Applications folder anywhere. I found the system apps but I dunno. I think I'm losing it lol
    Private/var/mobile/containers/bundle/application

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-28), sand_man (2014-10-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Cydia Substrate has been updated! Seems to fix the reboot problem (after it put me in a bootloop at first!)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Cydia Substrate has been updated! Seems to fix the reboot problem (after it put me in a bootloop at first!)
    I did the update a few minutes ago. Not sure if I want to reboot lol 😁

Edit; rebooted like 3 times. No loop
    Last edited by Answer1o1; 2014-10-28 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks

Haha updated and rebooted just fine, but now I'm back to having to respring after a reboot for all my tweaks to work! Haha I'm much happier this way tho this is less of a pain LMAO

Thanks

Another Substrate update, everything seems to be running smoothly

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Sooo.. This Cydia substrate update, I see that's available, is safe? And what exactly does it fix that was broken before?

I just installed it and I can reboot again, sweet, I have the passcode fix and bugs fixed I too also have to restoring once on reboot but I'd rather do that so all is good, winter board and many other tweaks working fine for now.

So safe to activate touch id and safe to activate passcode? With Pangu update only and not OP's fix?

This jailbreak has caught me out a couple of times now on iPad Air and iPhone 6.

iPad Air - ran the update via Pangu, put the pad into bootloop on account of 8.0.2 update to 8.1 being done OTA. Solution - DFU mode restore.
    iPhone 6 - Experiencing battery drain, chose to run the proposed 'reset all settings' fix, put the device into a permanent state of running said reset. Solution - DFU mode restore...

Thanks

So is there a difference between the Pangu Untether update in Cydia today and the update in the Pangu app itself from the other day?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So is there a difference between the Pangu Untether update in Cydia today and the update in the Pangu app itself from the other day?
    Shouldn't be any different

I still think you should hold off for now. Your current state is pretty solid. These updates haven't solved everything and only caused other issues.

Last edited by thazsar; 2014-10-28 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    So safe to activate touch id and safe to activate passcode? With Pangu update only and not OP's fix?

This jailbreak has caught me out a couple of times now on iPad Air and iPhone 6.

iPad Air - ran the update via Pangu, put the pad into bootloop on account of 8.0.2 update to 8.1 being done OTA. Solution - DFU mode restore.
    iPhone 6 - Experiencing battery drain, chose to run the proposed 'reset all settings' fix, put the device into a permanent state of running said reset. Solution - DFU mode restore...
    I just used the passcode fix posted on this site which may well not play nice when there's an actual fix from pangu and may have to restore again but for now all is good.
    No problems at all because today's cydia substrate update fixes it for me so no more reboot loop.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to fluffybunnyabc For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Shouldn't be any different

I still think you should hold off for now. Your current state is pretty solid. These updates haven't solved everything and only caused other issues.
    That's all I need to hear!! Do any of the fixes fix Respring clearing certain Location Services settings to Never?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast