Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I keep seeing ALL these people having reboot issues. Just try the fix that's posted!!!! It's not like it's gonna make it worse than what you're already doing, right?!?!

I didn't use the instructions in that tutorial, just the ones that I posted and I've been rock solid ever since. Not sure why everyone is making this so difficult!

EDIT: I misread the tutorial and thought is was trying to do all that stash stuff beforehand. Everything prior to that is the same as mine except mine is easier! And my method doesn't delete any files, it auto-renames them.

I created that tutorial to try and dumb it down as much as possible. I even made a .deb that does most of the work for you. Just follow the instructions...
    I did the passcode fix my first attempt jailbreaking. I'm on PC not Mac. I used winscp. I don't think the terminal cmds worked right tho :-/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i''m on a 6 plus with 8.1. did the passcode fix thats in member written news. used a windows pc with winscp. i have winterboard, bytafont, zeppelin, and a few other tweaks installed. no reboots or anything. everything i working great except iwidgets. any widgit i install disappears after awhile. one thing i did have to do was in winterboard uncheck summerboard mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    i''m on a 6 plus with 8.1. did the passcode fix thats in member written news. used a windows pc with winscp. i have winterboard, bytafont, zeppelin, and a few other tweaks installed. no reboots or anything. everything i working great except iwidgets. any widgit i install disappears after awhile. one thing i did have to do was in winterboard uncheck summerboard mode.
    So you can reboot your phone with no issues with all that stuff installed?

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    I tried downloading bytafont but the icon never shows up, any advice? Im using the iPhone 6, 8.1

Thanks

^^ reboot after installing apps from Cydia or they won't show up.

After uninstalling cydia substrate then installig winter board separate then uninstall substrate then reboot then re-install then install winter board then reboot it works but if you reboot again it fails, I have everything working again but I daren't reboot and you need to when you install a cydia app or it won't show up ( which I forgot to install xbmc) so it's so annoying because the next pangu update might be same again.
    Here's hoping it's not and yeah I know it's early days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yes i just rebooted. everything but my zeppelin stayed. had respring then it came back

Thanks

I actually started running into issued again and I've been fine for awhile. It started after installing the Pangu update. If you need to reboot, do it in safe mode (hold down volume up if you get stuck in a loop), then just open Cydia and reinstall Substrate and respring. You'll be good to go again until you reboot.

What a bunch of whiners that can't follow directions. Maybe try and read a few things first instead of jumping in and then complaining about every little issue! Your hacking into a locked down OS and you expect it to be just as smooth as the original. Get real people! This JB in its current state is not meant for everyone. If you don't like the chance of having to restore, then just stay stock. My kids are more realistic than some of you.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-28), kwine (2014-10-28), menard_00 (2014-10-28), thazsar (2014-10-28)

Thanks

+1000

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28), thazsar (2014-10-28)

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What a bunch of whiners that can't follow directions. Maybe try and read a few things first instead of jumping in and then complaining about every little issue! Your hacking into a locked down OS and you expect it to be just as smooth as the original. Get real people! This JB in its current state is not meant for everyone. If you don't like the chance of having to restore, then just stay stock. My kids are more realistic than some of you.
    +1 people think just because they memorize a bunch of stuff that smart people actually figured out that they are the new expert.

Here is an idea...... Why don't you write a piece of code to fix your own individual issue?? Oh wait you can't... Just because you can click through a JB tool someone busted their *** to make doesn't make you a hacker, developer, programmer or coder.

How about he thankful for the work that you are not paying for???

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-28), King_O_Hill (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjsisson1 View Post
    +1 people think just because they memorize a bunch of stuff that smart people actually figured out that they are the new expert.

Here is an idea...... Why don't you write a piece of code to fix your own individual issue?? Oh wait you can't... Just because you can click through a JB tool someone busted their *** to make doesn't make you a hacker, developer, programmer or coder.

How about he thankful for the work that you are not paying for???

If that's your intelligence level no wonder you can't fix your broke ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I did the passcode fix my first attempt jailbreaking. I'm on PC not Mac. I used winscp. I don't think the terminal cmds worked right tho :-/
    Why don't you wait a few days for your windows, cydia bundled, English version? Then just click click click and you will be a world class hacker ??? Problem solved
    Last edited by bjsisson1; 2014-10-28 at 04:58 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjsisson1 For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-28), King_O_Hill (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjsisson1 View Post
    If that's your intelligence level no wonder you can't fix your broke ****.

Why don't you wait a few days for your windows, cydia bundled, English version? Then just click click click and you will be a world class hacker ??? Problem solved
    I actually ended up figuring it out. Thanks to the help of a few guys ITT. Everything works fine. So thank you to those who helped.

Level of intelligence? It's an internet forum designed to help people figure chit out hence "modmyi". I know repetitive questions get annoying. But it does help trouble shooting with people that have similar issues. It's easier to figure out what the problem is.

I've been here a long time. Been doing this chit since the original iPhone. Back when it took at least 40 minutes to jailbreak your phone. Back when bricking was a REAL thing. Don't come at me with this bs bro. Either you're someone from this thread who made a side account to talk chit or..you're someone from this thread who made a side account to talk chit....

Welcome to ModMyi Oct 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    So you can reboot your phone with no issues with all that stuff installed?
    Anyone can. 👍 I have way more tweaks than that.. No boot loop on reboot and passcode lock on. All smooth here. If you follow instructions well - you can be rock stable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    ^^ reboot after installing apps from Cydia or they won't show up.
    Reboot after app/tweak installation isn't necessary... just a respring.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-10-28 at 05:41 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Hmm. I still have to reboot after installing an app from Cydia. Oh well lol

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28), thazsar (2014-10-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Me too!

Thanks

Another couple of bugs to report. My Reachability has been really sketchy, it only works like one out of ten times, and at some point after a few minutes of respringing, my CC stops wanting to pull up lol

Respring fixes both issues for a few minutes. It's probably related to something I have installed, just wanted to share

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

I should have said a "2nd" respring. Cydia launches its own respring at the end of an install. You need a 2nd one that clears cache.. as WinterBoard does. After Cydia's auto-respring.. Go into WB. Click SummerBoard on then off to illuminate Respring option upper left. Click respring. Your icon will appear. Promise.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I should have said a "2nd" respring. Cydia launches its own respring at the end of an install. You need a 2nd one that clears cache.. as WinterBoard does. After Cydia's auto-respring.. Go into WB. Click SummerBoard on then off to illuminate Respring option upper left. Click respring. Your icon will appear. Promise.
    Looks like you are correct sir respringing via Winterboard works for me too, thanks for the tip

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-10-28), NewD (2014-10-28)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast