Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Well looks like 8.1 is out.
    8.1 has been out for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Uninstalled forced tweak but still would reboot, jail breaking now again
    Boot while holding the volume up button, it should get you in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (2014-10-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? ...it will be headache free.
    "the official public release" already happened. Subsequent releases often happen too to fix subsequently discovered bugs. Headache free? Not in this universe. Fewer bugs, yes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is the worst jailbreak ever to have rolled out and premature. That said, sometimes it's greater later.

Thanks

It's funny that every year we have tons of people complaining for a jailbreak, and this year we get one early, and it's just more complaining. Hilarious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (2014-10-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Thanks mate always thought it was volume down and that mobile safety not update but it boots so let's see how to fix it, thanks

Ok I can reboot whith volume up but no tweaks work even after using icleaner to turn substrates off then on again and when I reboot without volume up still get boot fail.
    Anyone ?
    Uninstall Cydia Substrate and see what happens. If all else fails, you can backup your current state and then restore it afterwards. Your themes 'should' still be saved.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by answer1o1 View Post
    why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.
    +1
    exactly.

Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.
    Nothing will ever be headache free. A group of not even a 100 people with different devices can predict all of the bugs. You never know how each tweak will affect the device, then consider all the different devices, different versions of the ios, what settings the person has own or off. There are thousands of combinations and you can not plan for them all. That's what beta testing is about. Why does apple do it? And now made it public. They do it to find bugs and fix them. There is no such thing as a "final" public release, if that was the case ios 7 would be 7 for ever before 8 came out.

Issues I am still having are as follows:

App Store still acting funny
    Machine is still respringing randomly

Just jailbroke with cydia, update installed and no tweaks installed

Well it is cydia substrate I've done a fresh install and if I install a tweak that installs substrate it's fine unless I reboot so no winter board, it's driving me mad why is this not happening to everyone ? I have no other tweaks installed.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Well it is cydia substrate I've done a fresh install and if I install a tweak that installs substrate it's fine unless I reboot so no winter board, it's driving me mad why is this not happening to everyone ? I have no other tweaks installed.
    Don't use a passcode do you?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Uninstall Cydia Substrate and see what happens. If all else fails, you can backup your current state and then restore it afterwards. Your themes 'should' still be saved.
    I had the same issue as you guys. Caught in bootloop with passcode and Touch ID off. I also reinstalled Cydia substrate and my extensions started working again. Just afraid to power the phone down.

Dark ninja what's 8.1.2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I've done like 4 restores now. No pw findmyiphone is off. Every time I reboot I keep getting the black screen or bootloop. I have to hold volume up. Uninstall Cydia Sub. Reinstall my tweaks.

I'm having the same issue. I've done like 4 restores now. No pw findmyiphone is off. Every time I reboot I keep getting the black screen or bootloop. I have to hold volume up. Uninstall Cydia Sub. Reinstall my tweaks.
    Did you have an issue from the first reboot when you updated through pangu? I did. I can't power my phone down without all hell breaking loose this is hardly untethered but not complaining

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drjailbreakMD View Post
    Did you have an issue from the first reboot when you updated through pangu? I did. I can't power my phone down without all hell breaking loose this is hardly untethered but not complaining
    All 4 times I did DFU/Restore with iTunes. Once the phone booted up I jailbroke. Installed all 3 Pangu apps. Then installed Cydia via Winscp. Then updated with Cydia or Pangu. No passcode or findmyiphone. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong here. I've been jailbreaking/modding for a long *** time. I'm not a noob. But this **** is pissing me off. I'm about to just give up and wait it out. So much for being productive on my off day.

All 4 times I did DFU/Restore with iTunes. Once the phone booted up I jailbroke. Installed all 3 Pangu apps. Then installed Cydia via Winscp. Then updated with Cydia or Pangu. No passcode or findmyiphone. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong here. I've been jailbreaking/modding for a long *** time. I'm not a noob. But this **** is pissing me off. I'm about to just give up and wait it out. So much for being productive on my off day.
    It's called buggy software. It isn't anything you're doing or can do. Why are you getting pissed off? You can install the software perfectly but if there is a bug that reboots the iphone and it keeps getting triggered, then that's the way it is.

You have to do what it says on this link, the new Apple security prevents Cydia from moving files in the background, but after u do this fix you will have no trouble at all using print ID OR a passcode, im on the new iPhone 6 ios 8.1 an im using my print id without the bootloop, everything is fine. Just take a peek at this link.

http://www.jailbreaknation.com/pangu8-bootloop-fix-do-not-open-cydia-until-you-have-done-this

Thanks

Default Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailb...
    I keep seeing ALL these people having reboot issues. Just try the fix that's posted!!!! It's not like it's gonna make it worse than what you're already doing, right?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by studderman View Post
    You have to do what it says on this link, the new Apple security prevents Cydia from moving files in the background, but after u do this fix you will have no trouble at all using print ID OR a passcode, im on the new iPhone 6 ios 8.1 an im using my print id without the bootloop, everything is fine. Just take a peek at this link.

Pangu8 Bootloop Fix: do not open Cydia until you have done this! [Updated]
    I didn't use the instructions in that tutorial, just the ones that I posted and I've been rock solid ever since. Not sure why everyone is making this so difficult!

EDIT: I misread the tutorial and thought is was trying to do all that stash stuff beforehand. Everything prior to that is the same as mine except mine is easier! And my method doesn't delete any files, it auto-renames them.

I created that tutorial to try and dumb it down as much as possible. I even made a .deb that does most of the work for you. Just follow the instructions...
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-10-28 at 02:59 AM.

Just trying to help dude, i hope u find a way, good luck :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by studderman View Post
    Just trying to help dude, i hope u find a way, good luck :-)
    Your help is appreciated!!! I just wish others would explore their options instead of doing the same thing over and over again!

Those of us that have performed this fix are up and running. Those that haven't, are not...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast