Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm not having an AppStore issue BUT any application (e.g. Filza) from Cydia required a reboot to show up

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm not having an AppStore issue BUT any application (e.g. Filza) from Cydia required a reboot to show up
    Right, I don't think this new update fixed that either. But messages and Safari are fixed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Update installed without any problems!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Anonomys (2014-10-27)

So, as far I understand, what is still left to be done, is to include Touch ID fix and Cydia itself into the package and we will have complete jailbreak tool ....or am I missing something else??
    Last edited by bbrks; 2014-10-27 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

Nope, that pretty much sums it up. And even all of that can be accomplished right now with a tiny bit of extra work, so I'm pretty same satisfied at the moment lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

Answer1o1 (2014-10-27)

The fix linked to in these comments was said by Saurik to be both a hack, and potentially dangerous for when the real fix for Cydia is pushed. Messing with the file system in this way COULD cause issues with the updated Cydia release. When Cydia is updated, it will, most likely, still employ some sort of stashing to get around random bugs, and to move things from the system partition (for tweaks, themes & Applications from Cydia to have plenty of space). If the new version of Cydia doesn't recognize your file system configuration it COULD lead to larger issues, causing you to have to restore. I don't know for sure that this WILL cause issues, I'm just parroting Saurik's reddit comments about the pass code/touchID bug, and how he can't promise his fix won't destroy this fix. Just a friendly warning. Have a nice day everyone!

Thanks

Nothing a fresh restore and re-jailbreak can't fix once the official release is available…!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    So, as far I understand, what is still left to be done, is to include Touch ID fix and Cydia itself into the package and we will have complete jailbreak tool ....or am I missing something else??
    Thats about right, Than all the devs need to make their tweaks ios 8 an iPhone 6 and 6+ compatible.

So what is the deal with the App Store? Is that an all around problem or is it just in certain phones or what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjsisson1 View Post
    So what is the deal with the App Store? Is that an all around problem or is it just in certain phones or what?
    Seems to be sporadic, it only happened to me just the once. Working fine now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So most tweaks work for the iPhone 6? Pandora Downloader, Flex 2, Movie Box, Display Recorder, iFile, localIAPstore? I don't mind installing Cydia manually, it's super easy. If the tweaks work that would be great

Thanks

No iFile yet, but pretty much everything else I use is already working. And Filza works well as an iFile replacement in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Seems to be sporadic, it only happened to me just the once. Working fine now.
    Great, I have all my secondary stuff JB, iPads and etc. But I have been waiting so I can do my phone. I'm still on 7.0.3 but I'm afraid apple is going to patch with an update

One other question, I know I don't want too at this point but after a JB is done and Cydia is installed how do you get rid of the blue icon?

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    The fix linked to in these comments was said by Saurik to be both a hack, and potentially dangerous for when the real fix for Cydia is pushed. Messing with the file system in this way COULD cause issues with the updated Cydia release. When Cydia is updated, it will, most likely, still employ some sort of stashing to get around random bugs, and to move things from the system partition (for tweaks, themes & Applications from Cydia to have plenty of space). If the new version of Cydia doesn't recognize your file system configuration it COULD lead to larger issues, causing you to have to restore. I don't know for sure that this WILL cause issues, I'm just parroting Saurik's reddit comments about the pass code/touchID bug, and how he can't promise his fix won't destroy this fix. Just a friendly warning. Have a nice day everyone!
    Do you have the link?
    Last edited by bjsisson1; 2014-10-27 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks

The updated to the untether package is actually delivered via that Pangu app… so just keep it around in case it stays that way.

Here's that link to that fix: http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html

The reboot loop is caused by passcode and touchid being on. Be sure to turn them off or else you have to restore in itunes back to factory settings!

Thanks

See above for a fix for that bro.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hrag525 View Post
    The reboot loop is caused by passcode and touchid being on. Be sure to turn them off or else you have to restore in itunes back to factory settings!
    Keep them off only for the jailbreak process, or keep them off until they push a fix out?

That fix is for Mac only lol? Jailbreak with a PC. Fix with a Mac. These guys must be balling owning both systems
    Last edited by Answer1o1; 2014-10-27 at 10:25 PM.

NEED ...UPDATE FOR MAC OSX ..CYDIA BUNDLED .....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to c0deName_ZERO For This Useful Post:

stolenpentium (2014-10-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Keep them off only for the jailbreak process, or keep them off until they push a fix out?
    Try to follow along bro. Again, follow this guide for a fix for that: http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html

Quote Originally Posted by c0deName_ZERO View Post
    NEED ...UPDATE FOR MAC OSX ..CYDIA BUNDLED .....
    Use Parallels to Jailbreak and then install Cydia yourself. No help needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post

That fix is for Mac only lol? Jailbreak with a PC. Fix with a Mac. These guys must be balling owning both systems
    Until they push a fix out. No word on a fix yet. If you are jailbroken and have tweaks installed via cydia make sure you don't have a passcode and touchid on. Found out the hard way!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Try to follow along bro. Again, follow this guide for a fix for that: http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html
    Great Post!
    Last edited by hrag525; 2014-10-27 at 10:32 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hrag525 For This Useful Post:

Answer1o1 (2014-10-27)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast